King of Dragon Pass
By A Sharp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
To celebrate Sacred Time, the latest version is half price for a limited time!
Create your own epic saga of conflict, mythology, and community! This acclaimed game of magical storytelling blends interactive stories and resource management. It’s set in Glorantha (the world of the games HeroQuest, RuneQuest, and soon 13th Age).
It’s immensely replayable, thanks to over 575 interactive scenes and two objectives. Short episodes and automatic saving mean you can play even when you only have a minute or two. The built-in saga writes down the story for you. And advisors with distinctive personalities help you track your cows.
The gorgeous hand-painted artwork won Best Visual Arts at the second Independent Games Festival.
• Everything in the game is utterly convincing and even years after release, the possibilities seem endless. (One of the 5 best strategy games ever made) [Rock, Paper, Shotgun]
• It's like they took the best parts of Civilization games and combined them with the best part of Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. … What I like most about King of Dragon Pass is the seemingly infinite possibilities that the game has. … I can't get enough of King of Dragon Pass. [Touch Arcade]
• A wholly unique adventure that has no equal on the iPhone. [Pocket Gamer]
• An interactive story with a level of complexity and brilliance that's rarely seen in video games. [Gamezebo]
• I am really happy to have found this game. It scratches so many itches: simulator, rpg, adventure book...Great work! I find myself playing it on both my iPad and iPhone. Very addictive!
• I got this game at 6pm tonight. It's now 4am, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the depth of this game.
• I now have a fun, engaging, thought provoking RPG on my iPhone, an RPG that fits in my purse and that I can play any time I want, not having to have my computer or Xbox 360 near me to do so.
• If Bioware remade Civilization they'd be lucky to end up half as good as King of Dragon Pass.
• It's impossible to describe the emotional tug you feel when an old and trusted advisor, who you've watched grow from a young upstart, dies of old age. Or when an exploration team disappears into the wilds, never to be heard from again. Or when a cursed clansman, shunned by his peers, sacrifices himself to stop a raid. This game will never leave my iPhone. That's the only accolade possible.
The game is completely accessible via VoiceOver.
We are working on another storytelling game, “Six Ages.” It’s the spiritual successor to KoDP — see sixages.com.
What's New in Version 2.3.2
• Improved iOS 9 compatibility
• Fixed typos and minor bugs
• Fixed VoiceOver name
• Mention Six Ages, the sequel now in development
• 64-bit build for newer devices
• Now requires iOS 5.1.1
(Version 2.3 added 15 new scenes and new illustrations)
Unrivalled depth and role playing
This game has a nigh limitless potential for random events, choices, actions and consequences. For such a simple premise as a text based rpg, this game has an insane algorithm which makes the world feel alive.
I am extremely impressed, it is a dive into the unknown for the price however, take the time to read some of the more comprehensive reviews online and you will see that this PC game port is an absolute gem.
Best on its own terms
Though less so these days, iOS games were at one time quick to pick up, cheap, and fun for a little while. Great for variety.
KoDP is different. It's an immersive RPG/resource management experience. KoDP works as an ongoing saga maintainable in those spare couple of minutes, yet overall the "tribe" does require plenty of time: characterising a stone age chief perhaps isn't for everyone! The game perhaps is too difficult to "beat", and expectations must be modest.
Worth it 100%
Not played a game like this-There isn't one. It has in depth stories, varying scenarios and every game you start over with is different. Hours and hours of gameplay here. Definitely buy it!