Garden Tracker - Bumper Crop lets you size and plan your garden plot, plant your vegetables in up to 50x50 squares, and then track their progress.
Garden Tracker was featured in the April 2013 issue of Wired magazine!
Also included in the Best Gardening Apps of a major national newspaper!
Read the recent glowing review by the NY Times!
See this video review on a national news site!
This app now has the same features as Garden Tracker for iOS.
Create garden grids up to 50 rows and 50 columns! Use two fingers to pan around large gardens.
* Create garden: Choose the number of rows and columns in your garden. The dimensions are up to you. Create and track as many gardens as you want !
* Fill in your grid by choosing from the available, pre-loaded vegetables.
* Garden Tracker comes pre-loaded with over 40 common vegetables and general planting information including spacing, water needs, ideal soil temperature, recommended planting season, and recommended planting depth. Any of this information can be edited.
* Add your own vegetable, herbs, or even flowers! Add an unlimited number of plants that you can then add to and track in your garden.
* Track planting date and harvest date. It tracks progress of your garden by calculating estimated days to harvest based on planting date.
* Keep notes on your gardens, email garden details, log actual harvest date, and update your garden through the season.
* Take photos of your gardens so you can see how they change over time
* Handy reference tools useful for any gardener:
- Sunset/Sunrise calculator by your location and day.
- Lunar calendar for lunar cycle gardeners
- Garden Zone map with first and last frost dates for your USDA planting zone.
- Visual pest database with common pests and a focus on organic solutions to help tackle intruders in the field.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE CRITICAL GARDENS, YOU SHOULD BACK THEM UP BEFORE UPDATING THIS APP! To backup your gardens, use Dropbox or iTunes.
support for Dropbox API v2
Ratings and Reviews
Looks promising so far
I've been searching for a decent garden app for a while now. Just downloaded this today and it has several good features and seems fairly straight forward so far. Though I still need to delve further into it I can safely say I don't regret the $6 purchase
Stick to graph paper for a while.
This app was mentioned on a couple of websites for square foot gardening. So I was excited to use it. It has some good features shown in the pictures but has some limitations. It can show a 20 x 20 garden but I have to scroll through each 4x4 individually. There is no way to create irregular shaped gardens either. This app left me feeling... meh. I'm going to see if there is anything better.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.