The safer way to spend abroad. easily top up your Travelex Money card, check your balance, recent transactions and order cash for delivery or collect from one of our global outlets.
The Travelex Money Card is a faster, safer way to spend when you travel
• Top up your card with your choice of 10 available currencies: British pounds, US dollars, euros, Australian dollars, New Zealand dollars, Canadian dollars, South African rand, Turkish lira, Swiss franc and UAE dirham
• Lock in exchange rates
• Use your travel card abroad across millions of locations
• Free Wifi access worldwide
• 24/7 global assistance to replace your card or provide you with emergency cash
• No ATM charges overseas*
• Platinum benefits from our partners
Order cash in the app to lock in our very best rates on your foreign currency. Whether you’re looking for pounds, euros or one of our other 50 currencies, we can deliver to your home or you can pick up in store.
Created by the experts in foreign currency, Travelex.
Want to get in touch?
Email us at Helpdesk.OnlineTravelMoney@travelex.com
Tweet us at @TravelexUK
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/TravelexUK
If you have any feedback on the experience of our app we’d love to hear it; email us at email@example.com
*Although Travelex does not charge ATM fees, please check the ATM before using as some operators may charge their own fees.
We’ve been working hard to improve the user experience:
- Currency wallets are ordered based on your last transaction – less need to switch wallets to see the balance of the currency you are actively using
- Automatically update transactions and balance after 10 minutes for each currency
- Squashed some bugs & made technical updates to keep things running smoothly
- Clarified that logging out removes your data – if it’s your device, you can stay logged in and just switch app. Next time you open the app we will ask for your passcode / biometric login for security.
- Thank you for sending in bugs and suggestions, if you spot anything else let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Getting your money back
Transferring money on to the card is quick and easy, however getting it back when you have some left over is difficult, slow and expensive! You cannot do it via the App or the website, you have to phone or go into a branch. It only takes an instant to put money on to the card but it takes ‘3-5 working days’ to get it back. It also costs £6.00.
I had no problems using the card in New Zealand.
Horrific Experience On Holiday- AVOID!!!
App malfunctioned while I was on holiday attempting to load the card and all the money in my bank account was held so that I could not access any of it. My holiday was ruined by stress and anxiety and I racked up an extortionate phone bill because of the run around I was given. I had to phone my bank and Travelex Money several times and they expect you to hold for hours. My issue has not been resolved- it’s with the ‘relevant’ team. I am penniless on Holiday.
Developer Response ,
Really sorry to hear about this issue. Please could you email email@example.com with more details so that we can try and fix this.
I loaded my card up in December and since then the app just doesn’t update. Been away and spent money using the card but it still shows my balances from December. All attempts to get it to update have so far failed. I like the card etc but an app that doesn’t show your balances is less than useless.
Developer Response ,
Really sorry to hear about this issue. We have made a number of changes recently to improve the user experience but we know there is still more work to do. Please could you email firstname.lastname@example.org with more details so that we can try and fix this.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.