Albert is 100% free and the #1 Invoicing App in the UK, created by the team behind the award-winning NatWest and BBC mobile apps.
*** Winner Orange Award - Best Startup in the UK ***
This is what our users say about our App:
-- “This app is just brilliant, I have just started running a new business and this has made my life so much easier , so easy to use and user friendly , nice one well recommended” -
-- “Loving this great little app. I can quickly send invoices on the go to stay organised. A real time saver. Many thanks Albert!” --
Albert will help you to:
- Easily create customised and professional, HMRC approved invoices in a few taps
- Get paid efficiently as a self-employed professional, using PayPal, IBAN or SWIFT
- Manage your invoices and automatically generate organised spreadsheets for your accounts and desktop computer
- Keep a complete overview of all your finances to track which invoices are paid, outstanding or late
- Send speedy, smart invoices from anywhere, for on the go freelancers
- Keep control of your business, stay organised and get paid quickly and regularly
Albert has plenty of different features such as:
- Never Lose Your Data - your business data is safely backed up in the Albert cloud.
- Itemised Invoices - add details such as specific costs, work hours, expenses and materials.
- The only invoicing app to have dedicated fields for PayPal, IBAN, SWIFT, bank name, account no. and sort code.
- Smart Numbering - make use of your own invoice numbering format and system, for filing and organisation.
- Duplicate Invoices - repeat recurring invoices with just one tap, to avoid re-entering the same information.
- Share your organised files with yourself or your accountant in a tap.
- Personal Notes - add thank you’s, your social media or web page, terms and conditions, or any additional message.
- Emoji’s - make your invoices fun and friendly by adding emoji's to the invoice description.
- Overview - see your total revenue, outstanding and late invoice amounts and totals.
- Phone Book - look up email addresses from your own contacts in your phone address book.
- Company Addresses - no need to manually type your client’s address into your invoices. Albert looks up a registered company’s address information for you.
Albert is a good friend to have around for all professional freelancers or start-up businesses. It’s simple to use and helps you organise, manage and track your finances securely. Download Albert now to work and invoice everywhere!
Price, availability and features may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card in your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew monthly unless canceled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period for the same amount that was originally purchased. You may manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited after purchasing a subscription.
Ratings and Reviews
Albert is a great app and very intuitive but...
I’m pretty traditional with layout and I’d rather have my own address at top right than at the bottom. I know it’s designed with a modern feel but it just looks wrong.
Perfect for me would be to have my name and address top right and my logo top centre.
Also, and quite minor, instead of “Bank Name” could there be an option for “Account Name”? I don’t need to tell clients the name of my bank.
A payment reference field would be good too, perhaps prefilled with the Inv Number (I add a prefix to my Inv No’s). Most customers do this automatically but some just add their own business name which doesn’t always help me when I see see their account made the payment anyway.
Finally, would be much better to save invoices in Albert then send in normal mail app. This way we could send in the body of an email rather than the email just being an invoice from Albert. It would also for adding further attachments as required.
Thanks very much for your response:
Regarding my Payment Reference suggestion, I meant could you add another field underneath the bank account details. If this could be automatically populated with the Invoice number that would be brilliant.
Thanks again :-)
Developer Response ,
Hello Geezer, thanks for this very detailed review.
I will feedback every single one of them to our product team, so they know what to work on next.
Regarding the payment reference, you can always add it manually before your invoice number. To do so, just tap on the invoice number on the bottom left of your draft invoice. This will open a new window where you can add any refererence number
Also, it is true that you can't edit the emails with Albert. There is a workaround though, just send the invoice to your personal email address, and then forward it to your client with your own message.
Thanks a lot
The ALbert team
On the hunt for invoicing software? You can’t fault these guys.
I’ve been using Albert, I believe since not long after it launched, and I’ve literally never thought of looking elsewhere as it fits my needs. I can’t fault the app either and they are generously adding more feature without asking for a penny, again very generous.
I’ll chime in with what was suggested by another reviewer in that I’d definitely appreciate if a notification of an invoice being late could be added.
I don’t want to ask too much but it would be also good if possibly (I don’t know if this is outside the scope of Alberts concept) but it would be good if you could send reminders when an invoice is close to or overdue. I’m thinking along the lines of friendly reminder with a steady spectrum up to serious borderline prior legal warnings.
Other than that, the app absolutely fits my needs as a photographer/filmmaker and is especially good at being useful whilst onsite/ok the go.
To the dev and admin team behind Albert, I hope you all had a great Xmas and have a fab new year! 🎄🎉
Developer Response ,
What a fab review! Thanks so much Weegie247! 😀 👍 Totally hear you loud and clear on your two points about overdue invoices - being able to send friendly reminders as well as be notified yourself. Obviously the app already does display if an invoice in your list is overdue or late, but I'm guessing you would prefer a push-notification or an alert of some kind, so that you do not have to open the app to find out - hope I've understood that right! If not please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to elaborate on your point! Either way though, reminders are definitely something we would like to expand and elaborate on at some point in the future, as we too see them as a necessary feature. I'll add your vote to the product roadmap for both your points of feedback! Otherwise, hope you also had a great Xmas and New Year! 🎄🎄
I’ve only just started using Albert and so far so good except for a few missing features that I had in my previous invoicing solution.
Firstly to be able to return to the next line within an item would be useful so as to be able to give a title to and item or list parts of a job.
Secondly to have a job/project reference box would be good perhaps where it says item description. I do multiple jobs for individual clients, so they needs to know which properties the invoice is for.
Thirdly and a big one is to be able to create estimates and convert them to invoices. As it stands I’m going to have to create estimates in my old invoicing solution then cut and paste over to create an invoice.
And finally to be able to save client information would be extremely useful. Duplicating and editing invoices works with regular customers but not so well with irregular customers.
All of that said we’re going to carry on using it because it is easy to use and the invoices look great and I think with improvements it will be phenomenal, especially the Starling integration. As yet we haven’t tried using the expenses part of the app.
Developer Response ,
Hello Penfield, thanks a lot for all those feedback! These are very valuable to us and always help us improving! So to answer to your questions:
1) I am not sure what you mean here? It is possible to title your line items, could you further explain what you mean at email@example.com
2) You could use the comment box section, where you'd put the name of the property. To do so, tap on more at the bottom right, then comment. You can remove the thank you, to allow you more space.
3)This one feature is currently being worked on. Our designer have already finished her work, so it is now just a matter of coding it. This should be added on our next update.
4) You're doing well by duplicating invoices, as this is the only workaround at the moment. This is a feedback we hear quite often, so we'll definitely add it to the app soon.
Thanks again for your feedback, and looking forward to hearing from you on firstname.lastname@example.org on point 1!
The Albert team
- HQ Mobile Ltd
- 93.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © HQ Mobile Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Albert Pro £2.29
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.