Moneybox - Save and Invest
By Digital Moneybox Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Moneybox is the simple way to save and invest. Round up your card purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change into thousands of leading companies such as Netflix, Unilever and Disney via three tracker funds. Sign up in minutes and get started with as little as £1.
* Winner of The Techies FinTech Innovator of the Year 2017. We won this award for creating an app which helps to make major improvements to existing financial processes using technology, significantly improving the way people manage their finances.
* Featured by BBC, ITV, TechCrunch, The Times, The Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Daily Mail, Fortune Magazine, This is Money, Citywire, Tech City News, Investment Week and Finextra. *
• Moneybox helps you to save as you spend by enabling you to round up your everyday card purchases to the nearest pound e.g. when you buy a coffee for £1.80, you can choose to ‘round up’ to £2 and set aside the 20p to invest.
• You can also set up regular weekly deposits and make one-off deposits into your Moneybox.
• However you choose to set money aside, your savings will be collected once a week via Direct Debit and invested a few days later.
Investing made easy
• Investing can be a great way to grow your money, and can offer higher returns in the long term than current or savings accounts.
• We've worked with experts to put together three simple starting options – cautious, balanced and adventurous. All you need to do is pick one!
• The option you choose determines how your savings are split between three tracker funds – a cash fund, a global shares fund and a property shares fund. Via these funds, you can invest into thousands of leading companies from around the world including Apple, Facebook, Netflix, Nintendo and Disney.
• Your investments are held within a Stocks & Shares ISA or General Investment Account (GIA). You can open either an ISA or a GIA in minutes.
It is important to bear in mind that there is risk involved in investing. The value of your investments will rise and fall at times and you could get back less than you invest.
• Our fees are structured to make it possible for you to invest little and often.
• We charge a monthly subscription fee of £1 and an annual platform fee of 0.45% of the value of your investments per year. To help you get started, we do not charge the subscription fee for the first three months.
Peace of mind
• You can withdraw your money at any time, free of charge.
• Moneybox is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with reference number 712935.
• Your investments are covered by the UK government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the unlikely event that a fund provider is declared bankrupt.
• We use bank level 256-bit TLS encryption for all your personal information.
Ready to get started? Install Moneybox for free today.
Please note that the app is not optimised for iPad or iPhone 4. Whilst you can still use the app (with iOS 9 or above), the experience may not be optimal.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please get in touch using firstname.lastname@example.org - we’d love to hear from you!
What's New in Version 3.3
• We’ve created a way for you to journey into the future and find out how your savings could add up over time… Keep an eye out for in-app messages.
• A couple of important bug fixes including a correction to the investment performance graph.
Like everyone else, I found this app simple and tidy, I have had no issues running it and its a handy way of saving, considering Im only investing around £10 a week, I barely notice it!
Some potential improvements I would recommend however:
1. As people have already mentioned, the speed of investments (again something the developers have stated they are working on)
2. A gain/loss graph - I find the current graph misleading as my account always looks like it is increasing, however this is simply due to the amount I am depositing into it. A graph plotting the gross gain/loss would be an interesting way of seeing how the fund has actually done. Whilst an overall one would be sufficient, it would be interesting to see how each of the 3 investments are doing against each other
3. Pull down to round up feature- just something i noted, you appear to have to pull this down very low to the bottom of the screen to round this up a correction would be for this to not have to be pulled down as far to make it easier to do. This may be because the app is optimised for the iphone 6/6+ and not for the iphone SE which i use.
I want to see it before entering my detaila
The app is too data capture / sign up forward. Many people like to see the functionality and how/what the app does before entering bank details.
I would likely have signed up for this if it didn't ask for too much too soon.
Gain my trust first!
Doesn't work with my bank!
I love the idea and the app is easy to use but there's no point having a saving app if it doesn't work with one of the biggest banks on the planet!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 07 August 2017
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 78.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Digital Moneybox Limited
- © 2016 Digital Moneybox Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.