Moneybox - Save and Invest
By Digital Moneybox Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Moneybox is the simple way to save and invest. Round up your card purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change into thousands of leading companies such as Netflix, Unilever and Disney via three tracker funds. Sign up in minutes and get started with as little as £1.
* Featured by BBC, ITV, TechCrunch, The Times, The Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Daily Mail, Fortune Magazine, This is Money, Citywire, Tech City News, Investment Week and Finextra. *
• Moneybox helps you to save as you spend by enabling you to round up your everyday card purchases to the nearest pound e.g. when you buy a coffee for £1.80, you can choose to ‘round up’ to £2 and set aside the 20p to invest.
• You can also set up regular weekly deposits and make one-off deposits into your Moneybox.
• However you choose to set money aside, your savings will be collected once a week via Direct Debit and invested a few days later.
Investing made easy
• Investing can be a great way to grow your money, and can offer higher returns in the long term than current or savings accounts.
• We've worked with experts to put together three simple starting options – cautious, balanced and adventurous. All you need to do is pick one!
• The option you choose determines how your savings are split between three tracker funds – a cash fund, a global shares fund and a property shares fund. Via these funds, you can invest into thousands of leading companies from around the world including Apple, Facebook, Netflix, Nintendo and Disney.
• Your investments are held within a Stocks & Shares ISA or General Investment Account (GIA). You can open either an ISA or a GIA in minutes.
It is important to bear in mind that there is risk involved in investing. The value of your investments will rise and fall at times and you could get back less than you invest.
• Our fees are structured to make it possible for you to invest little and often.
• We charge a monthly subscription fee of £1 and an annual platform fee of 0.45% of the value of your investments per year. To help you get started, we do not charge the subscription fee for the first three months.
Peace of mind
• You can withdraw your money at any time, free of charge.
• Moneybox is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with reference number 712935.
• Your investments are covered by the UK government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the unlikely event that a fund provider is declared bankrupt.
• We use bank level 256-bit TLS encryption for all your personal information.
Ready to get started? Install Moneybox for free today.
Please note that the app is not optimised for iPad or iPhone 4. Whilst you can still use the app (with iOS 9 or above), the experience may not be optimal.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please get in touch using email@example.com - we’d love to hear from you!
What's New in Version 1.0.13
Happy new year!! We're kicking off 2017 with a few quick updates.
- Due to popular demand, you can now customise your £1 round ups. You asked, we coded.
- We've added a feature which allows you to hide accounts you don't want to use for round ups.
- As always, we've made some more improvements under the hood and squashed some bugs.
Saving little and often!
What a fab idea, every week put a little bit aside that I'm not really going to miss, and save! Instead of throwing my spare change in the bucket every night (bit different but yes I have a small bucket) I can round up my transactions and put the 'change' aside. Nice little rainy day fund building. So easy, clever, simple to use and understand.
Despite being in touch with customer service..
I've been trying to delete moneybox for quite some time, over 2 months in fact. But I can't. Because it wants to keep charging me as it invests £2 of my money :/.
I have spoken to customer service on multiple occasions who have said "you can now close your account" but whenever I try, it will not let me and then will charge me further money for use.
It may seem like a good savings technique, however, as soon as you want out, you can't and they keep charging you what you saved anyway.
Easy, useful, sensible
This is a solid app. You can easily invest weekly and change your investment mix to match your desired risk, and the 'roundup' functionality works very well. The user interface is simple and attractive. I've been using this for almost 2 weeks and am very happy with it.