Moneybox is the simple way to save and invest. Round up your card purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change into thousands of leading companies such as Netflix, Unilever and Disney via three tracker funds. Sign up in minutes and get started with just £1.
* Winner of The Techies FinTech Innovator of the Year 2017. We won this award for creating an app which helps to make major improvements to existing financial processes using technology, significantly improving the way people manage their finances.
* Featured by BBC, ITV, TechCrunch, The Times, The Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Daily Mail, Fortune Magazine, This is Money, Citywire, Tech City News, The Evening Standard. *
Make saving part of your everyday life
• Moneybox helps you to save as you spend by enabling you to round up your everyday card purchases to the nearest pound e.g. when you buy a coffee for £2.40, you can choose to ‘round up’ to £3 and set aside the 60p to invest.
• You can also set up regular Weekly deposit, a Payday boost or make One-off deposits into your Moneybox.
Investing made easy
• Investing can be a great way to grow your money, and can offer higher returns in the long term than current or savings accounts.
• We've worked with experts to put together three simple starting options – cautious, balanced and adventurous. All you need to do is pick one!
• The option you choose determines how your savings are split between three tracker funds – a cash fund, a global shares fund and a property shares fund. Via these funds, you can invest into thousands of leading companies from around the world including Apple, Facebook, Netflix and Disney.
• Your investments are held within a Lifetime ISA, Stocks & Shares ISA or General Investment Account (GIA).
It is important to bear in mind that there is risk involved in investing. The value of your investments will rise and fall at times and you could get back less than you invest. Please note a 25% government early withdrawal charge may apply to the Lifetime ISA.
Stay informed and up to date
• In the Discover tab, you’ll find analysis of your savings, featured stories and even a Time Machine to help you journey into the future…
Affordable for everyone
• Our fees are structured to make it possible for you to invest little and often.
• We charge a monthly subscription fee of £1 and an annual platform fee of 0.45% of the value of your investments per year. To help you get started, we do not charge the subscription fee for the first three months.
Peace of mind
• Moneybox is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with reference number 712935.
• Your investments are covered by the UK government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the unlikely event that a fund provider is declared bankrupt.
• We use bank level 256-bit TLS encryption for all your personal information.
Ready to get started? Install Moneybox for free today.
Please note that the app is not optimised for iPad or iPhone 4. Whilst you can still use the app (with iOS 9 or above), the experience may not be optimal.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please get in touch using firstname.lastname@example.org - we’d love to hear from you!
* Did you know you can transfer existing ISAs to your Moneybox account? We’ve updated our process and screens to make it easier!
* New onboarding tutorial for our favourite Moneybox tool- Time Machine
* General bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Get smart with spare change.
I have been using this App for about 18 months and I’ve saved about £2000 so far. I chose the high risk strategy and sometimes my investment drops below what I have put in, but the amounts aren’t significant and I’m currently a few pounds ahead. The big advantage for me is the ability to save without even noticing. I have not noticed the round-up sums unless I look for them, and I certainly have not missed them. I love the projections of how my money will build up - it’s very motivational! No you cannot immediately transfer your money back to yourself but for me, that’s a plus. I have an ISA with my back which allows me to get instant cash and it’s too tempting, it certainly doesn’t grow like this one. My husband saved a few hundred very quickly and withdrew it without any problems - you just need to wait a few days. I find it reassuring to have this little nest egg quietly growing with zero effort on my part. Brilliant!
HI Claire, thanks for the in-depth review and kind words! We're so happy you're enjoying investing with us. If you have any questions or suggestions for the team you can reach us via the in-app chat or an email to email@example.com.
Great UI, transparent and clear
A very friendly approach to investment, making it very easy to start saving and building a folio.
It is all made very clear in the app, from set up to managing your regular contributions.
The people who manage the app make sure to keep you informed through announcements and messages to help you understand the volatility of the market and how it may affect your investment, as well as providing sound advice.
My only suggestion to the development team would be to display a more meaningful graph than the current one in the “investment” tab. Seeing how much money you’ve put in over time is not as interesting as knowing how well it’s been doing.
If you add a second line on the graph to illustrate the growth of the investment compared to your contributions over time, I think it would make better use of visual data.
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the app in such detail! We're constantly looking to improve the app so all user feedback is invaluable :)
We're definitely with you on the Investments tab and agree there could be some improvements. As luck would have it, it's top of our list for the coming months and we'll be slowly adding in more and more detail to the tab itself. Feel free to get in touch with the in-app chat team in Settings>Help with any further feedback!
Thanks again and happy investing!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.