Invest for your future with Moneybox. Round up your purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change into thousands of companies such as Netflix, Unilever and Disney via tracker funds. Sign up in minutes and get started with just £1.
* Winner of The Techies FinTech Innovator of the Year 2017. We won this award for creating an app which helps to make major improvements to existing financial processes using technology, significantly improving the way people manage their finances.
* Featured by BBC, ITV, TechCrunch, The Times, The Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Daily Mail, Fortune Magazine, This is Money, Citywire, Tech City News, The Evening Standard.*
All investing should be regarded as longer term. The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest.
Make investing part of your everyday life
• Round up your everyday card purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change e.g. when you buy a coffee for £2.40, you can choose to ‘round up’ to £3 and set aside the 60p to invest.
• You can also set up regular weekly deposit, a monthly payday boost and make one-off deposits into your Moneybox.
Investing made easy
• Investing can be a great way to grow your money, and can offer higher returns in the long term than current or savings accounts. However, this is not guaranteed.
• We've worked with experts to put together three simple starting options – cautious, balanced and adventurous. All you need to do is pick one!
• The option you choose determines how your investments are split between three tracker funds – a cash fund, a global shares fund and a property shares fund. Via these funds, you can invest into thousands of leading companies from around the world including Apple, Facebook, Netflix and Disney.
• Your investments are held within a Lifetime ISA, Stocks & Shares ISA or General Investment Account (GIA).
Please note a 25% government early withdrawal charge may apply to the Lifetime ISA. Stay informed and up to date • In the Discover tab, you’ll find analysis of your savings, featured stories and even a Time Machine to help you journey into the future…
Stay informed and up to date
• In the Discover tab, you’ll find analysis of your savings, featured stories and even a time machine to help you journey into the future…
Earn rewards with selected brand partners
• Moneybox+ is a brand new way for you to invest for your future. Shop with our curated partner brands and you'll receive rewards directly into your Moneybox account.
• Our fees are structured to make it possible for you to invest little and often.
• We charge a monthly subscription fee of £1 and an annual platform fee of 0.45% of the value of your investments per year. To help you get started, we do not charge the subscription fee for the first three months.
Peace of mind
• Moneybox is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with reference number 712935.
• Your investments are covered by the UK government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to a limit of £50,000 in the unlikely event that a fund provider is declared bankrupt.
• We use bank level 256-bit TLS encryption for all your personal information.
Ready to get started? Install Moneybox today.
Please note that the app is not optimised for iPad or iPhone 4. Whilst you can still use the app (with iOS 9 or above), the experience may not be optimal. If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please get in touch using email@example.com - we’d love to hear from you!
This week we’ve made some small changes to the investment tab in preparation for some bigger changes coming soon. Watch this space.
And in the meantime, why don’t you check out Moneybox Academy on the Discover Tab. It’s our brand-new education series that will help you learn what you need to know about investing.
Ratings and Reviews
Get smart with spare change.
Nice idea but why so slow?
I like the premise of this app although in practice it’s not as good as I’d hoped. The round-up feature is fiddly and not automatic so I prefer not to use it. However you can choose how much to put in each week or month. I like the app and interface, but I invested my initial amount over 2.5 weeks ago and I’m still waiting for it to ‘settle’. The app doesn’t take money straight away, you wait days for it to debit from your account, then a week for it to invest that money and days more to settle before you can even begin to see anything happen. I don’t expect it to be instant but I also didn’t realise I’d have to wait 3 weeks for the investment to even go through. The timelines stated are not accurate and it keeps adding extra days.
Debiting takes too long!
Really good app overall and I’m enjoying saving extra each month. However, as the roundups are collected weekly it ends up taking a lump sum which I think really ruins the idea of saving little and often. Daily collection would make the app so much more worthwhile.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review Red- we're always looking at ways to improve the app and we agree that it'd be great to offer round ups in real-time! For now, we can only offer the weekly DD collection, but we'll be sure to make an announcement once we're able to offer additional payment methods. Please drop the team an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to make any further suggestions!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.