First Bus m-Tickets
By FirstGroup Plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The FirstBus m-Tickets app gets your ticket straight to your phone for when you’re out and about using the bus.
Buy tickets before you travel, any day, at any time, when you’re at home, in the office or out and about, so you have them ready for when you want to travel.
No need to worry about having the right change, or cash anymore just buy the tickets on your phone with a debit or credit card.
With your ticket on your phone, you only need to remember one thing as you leave the house, so losing or forgetting your ticket is a thing of the past.
Just download today – buy your ticket – show the driver and go!
This App features
• Buy tickets using credit or debit cards or Barclays Pingit
• Links with the First Bus travel information App for bus times, news and up to date notices affecting First bus services
• Details on ticket types and fares for travel on First bus networks
• Contact details for First customer services
mTickets are available for travel on First bus in:
Aberdeen, Berkshire, Scottish Borders, Bradford, Cornwall, Somerset, Calderdale & Huddersfield, Devon, Doncaster, Dorset, Essex, Glasgow City & Airport Shuttle, Greater Manchester, Hampshire, Heathrow Railair, Hereford, Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Malvern, Rotherham, Sheffield, Stirling, Potteries, Worcestershire, York
New ticket areas Bath & Bristol, Cymru, East Lothian, Falkirk, Stirling, West Lothian and types, additional features and areas not currently covered in the First Bus network in the UK
What's New in Version 3.101
Bugfixes and optimisation.
Some how worse than the bus service
Considering the size of company first is, their effort in to this app it's pathetic to say the least!
* Largest flaw by far for me is payments (it's sole purpose). You'll be stuck waiting for them to go through, hit with an server error message. This can lead to in some cases buying two tickets after first kindly help them self to your money!
* If it sorta works don't fix it. That's the developers attitude to this app! Ui is dated and on any one using a larger 6 or 6+ the app still is yet to be optimised for the screen size. It's clunky and dull to navigate and doesn't use any new features such as Apple Pay. Feels faster and easier to buy a plane ticket with easy jet on their app than this!
* First is trying to change us to digital tickets at an extra cost to its customers. Tickets on the app for me have been up to an extra £1 more. Considering that entire time in their app they promote that it's would help the environment and as a result save the company money/ increase profits!
First board needs to fire their old mobile team and start with an new one. Completely redesigning the app form the ground up for a relaunch. 5 years ago it would of been okay minus the bugs, now it's just embarrassing
Jobsworth Driver Ammunition
Thanks very much. You found a way to empower your host of miserable jobsworth Cornish drivers to stick it in and break it off in new and exciting ways.
I arrived at the stop, went to open my app to retrieve the ticket (month pass, £100!) and, because I had the audacity to consume all my phone's data allowance early this month, was refused access to my ticket as I could not enter postcode / check location (WHY IS THAT NECCESARY?)
I thought on my feet, and opened up my Gmail app, and sure enough it had cached the email receipt for my purchase. I stepped onto the bus, and like a trusting fool appealed to the weasel behind the wheels better nature. Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no, NO.
No, only the app itself would suffice as evidence. Luckily, I was able to assist the guy in providing some semblance of customer service and suggested being allowed a few stops to connect to the bus wifi and retrieve the ticket. Sickened that I had conceived of a plausible resolution besides the satisfaction of leaving me in the rear view, I was relegated to the nearest seat under extreme suspicion. Once I had retrieved evidence of my £100 purchase, the charmer grunted and nothing more.
So, yeah, thanks for creating a massive and baffling flaw that gave your affiliate driver opportunity to urinate over my journey home. Put as much gloss on the buses and app as you like, but if every other guy behind the wheel sneers at the customers it's all for nothing
Works well with a but..
This has mostly worked really well. Occasionally it takes an age to load up, but that seems to be to do with what kind of coverage you have. But that brings me on to the problem:
Why should it take 3 taps and about 6-8 seconds to get to your ticket? Why does it need to connect to the Internet to verify your ticket every single time? Why does it open on a location page which asks you where you are every time you launch the app?
You've just run for the bus, the driver holds on for you but wants to get going, but you're stood at his window tapping furiously to try and just get the bleeding thing to open on your ticket! Really shouldn't take that long or that many taps. Updates happen infrequently and have addressed crashing problems, but this has been an issue since the start. Really needs sorting for it to be a great app, hence the 3 stars.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 05 December 2016
- Version: 3.101
- Size: 44.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch
- Developer: FirstGroup Plc
- © 2015 FirstGroup plc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.