Minicabit: Book Minicab, Taxi & Cab in London & UK
By minicabit Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on BBC's Dragons' Den, minicabit aims to save you cost, time and hassle when booking cabs UK-wide, not just in London. With our app, things just got a lot simpler!
Backed by O2, the mobile operator, minicabit enables you to instantly compare quotes from licensed minicabs across the UK. You can book GREAT minicab deals for long distance and local trips for over 40 cities across the UK.
minicabit is offered as a preferred partner on many of the UK's leading travel & leisure websites, such as Heathrow Airport, The O2 Arena, London City Airport and Blenheim Palace. As the UK's largest cab comparison service, we serve in areas such as London, Manchester, Birmingham, Oxford, Edinburgh, Leeds, Reading. Many more options for finding a UK taxi await you in this easy-to-use app.
• ENTER YOUR TRIP DETAILS
• CHOOSE A QUOTE
• BOOK YOUR MINICAB
Key additional features include:
• No need to call around minicab providers for quotes – receive real-time quotes from minicab providers based at both ends of your trip
• Minicabs available in over 40 cities across the UK, including London, Birmingham, Manchester.
• Easily book a single or return trip for 1 to 8 passengers
• Enter any UK location or choose from either a list of 200+ popular Points of Interest, your most recent searches, GPS 'locate me' feature, or by placing a pin on our UK-wide map
• Receive free notifications by SMS and e-mail
• Got extra luggage? Tell us how many pieces and we will work out the right size car, whether you're carrying suitcases, camping gear or boxes!
• Pay by debit or credit card with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
• Book your journey with up to 7 additional via options. Perfect for getting everyone picked up / dropped off exactly where they need to be
Have any feedback or need help with our service? Email us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.6.8
Tidying up the latest "Star Rating" and "Flash Sale" features
Good app, but the worst taxi companies
I'm a frequent user of MiniCabit, I've taken +10 trips in the past 3 months. It's come to the point where I have to switch to another service, because I have been close to missing several flights, due to the booked taxis being 20-30 minutes late to show up. You can't trust the cab companies listed in the MiniCabit app to be reliable, regardless of their star rating. I've had to cancel several trips since the cab companies have been so late and having forgotten about the booking. Shame, the app and website are both great, but the cab companies are utterly worthless that it's just not worth it.
So far so good
I used then for the first time last January going to Heathrow. The best deal was with a north London company I would never have picked myself. Normally I go for local companies in the south east. Great service with a quality car.
So good in fact, I have used the app again and interestingly the same company was offering the best deal for my return from Heathrow to home. We will see how they do this time.
Ordered a car for my mothers arrival. The app asked for the flight details which were entered and these were not passed onto the taxi company. They arrived and waited a mere 15 minutes and then just left and charged the full amount. Blatant rip off and left by mum stranded.
The customer service of minicabit simply said please send an email and we'll investigate ie didn't try and solve the problem. Therefore my mum had to wait 3 hours at the airport until I could organize another car. No refund... thanks very much!
I'll be sticking with reputable car companies not this substandard service.