Explore the future of museums. Download the digital edition of Museum-iD – the essential, international magazine for museum professionals, suppliers and enthusiasts.
Discover the latest ground-breaking ideas about participatory practice, leading-edge digital initiatives, innovative interpretation, exhibition design, public engagement and inventive and inclusive programming - plus pioneering new thinking for collections and leadership.
“Museum-iD has become the place to go for fresh thinking, new ideas and interesting perspectives on the world of museums” - Nick Poole, Chief Executive, Collections Trust
Launched in 2009, Museum-iD magazine is renowned for original and authoritative articles by world-class contributors, in-depth features, high-profile interviews, stunning photography and high production values. Museum-iD is now available monthly on your iPad.
Museum-iD presents a stimulating, enriching and transformative mix of ideas and opinions from leading museum innovators globally. Packed with fresh insights and new ideas you can share directly with your colleagues, Museum-iD will add tremendous value to your current work - and more importantly is an active investment in the future and what you choose to do next.
Issues can be bought individually, or you can subscribe for a year (12 issues). A free sample issue is included in the app.
Articles featured in your free sample issue include:
• Cultural Leadership: Lucy Shaw introduces Oxford Cultural Leaders, the new executive leadership programme for the cultural sector
• Museum Correspondence: Bootstrapping innovation in museums - Rob Stein and Seb Chan discuss the challenge of creating an environment for innovation in museums
• The Museum of You: Jake Barton on the new 9/11 Memorial Museum and how to create a museum for individual understanding
• Information Age: 200 years of innovation explored in the biggest Science Museum project in over a decade
• Museum Hack: Developing alternative renegade tours - Nick Gray on hacking the traditional tour with some of the strangest, wildest, sexiest stories hidden in the museum
• Re:Make the Museum: Citizen Curators and Makers - Hannah Fox on developing a co-production approach that enables citizen makers and curators to get hands-on
• Being Unique: Mike Sarna argues that museums should look to their unique assets and push for more enriching experiences
• Participatory Exhibition Design: Silvia Filippini-Fantoni on inviting visitors to be part of the exhibition development process
• Radical Reboot: Cooper Hewitt Museum Transformed - Caroline Baumann on creating an entirely new participatory 21st-century museum visitor experience
• Ailsa Barry - Head of New Media, Natural History Museum, London
• Baroline Baumann - Director, Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
• Sebastian Chan - Director of Digital & Emerging Media, Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
• Roy Clare - Director, Auckland Museum - Tamaki Paenga Hira
• Linda Duke - Director, Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art, Kansas State University
• Silvia Filippini-Fantoni - Director of Interpretation, Media and Evaluation at the Indianapolis Museum of Art
• David Fleming - Director, National Museums Liverpool
• Hannah Fox – Silk Mill Project Manager, Derby Museums Trust
• Mark Graham - Director of Research, Canadian Museum of Nature
• Adam Reed Rozan - Audience Development Manager, Oakland Museum of California
• Robert Stein - Deputy Director, Dallas Museum of Art
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- New issues will appear sooner
- Various bug fixes
- Surface Impression
- 14.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Museum-iD and respective contributors
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Subscription £0.79
- Issue 1 Purchase Free
- Issue 4 Purchase Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.