AppCoustic® tableread Production App.
The AppCoustic® tableread Production App is a free*, easy-to-use film and television productivity mobile application that allows you to read and listen to scripts, including screenplays and teleplays on mobile devices - anytime, anywhere. Simply import a professionally formatted script in PDF format and listen.
Upgrade to Pro for further functionality. Listen to scripts as read by over 45 unique character voices and add an inspiring soundtrack from a library of genre specific scores. Create and export script notes and utilize powerful rehearsal features.
From script to screen the AppCoustic® tableread Production App is a must have for the entire production process.
• Imports professionally formatted scripts directly from PDF.
• Formats scripts for viewing in mobile devices.
• Read and listen to scripts (audio playback limited to default voice).
• Skip to next or previous scene.
• Access online help via the Help Menu.
• Open tableread Ready Script Projects. (Script Projects exported from the AppCoustic® tableread Production App).
Share your thoughts with the tableread Production App by leaving a review here in the Apple App Store or by contacting us via Facebook (/tablereadPro) or Twitter (@tablereadPro).
AppCoustic® tableread Production App Pro (tableread Pro) subscription plan advantages:
• Assign unique character voices (45+ voices).
• Customize all voices via rate and shape.
• Select voices by gender and age.
• Create script notes.
• Read and listen to script notes.
• Export and share script notes.
• Incorporate genre specific scores (20+ tracks).
• Scores can dynamically dim under dialogue and peak over action.
• Rehearsal features including character selections, scene/s selection and looping, pause for me to deliver then read, mute rehearsal dialogue and play rehearsal scenes only.
• Playback rate toggle, to read at a standard or faster pace.
The AppCoustic® tableread Production App subscription plan is available as:
• tableread Pro monthly for $2.99(USD).
Subscriptions include a standard 7 day free trial period. Subscriptions will be charged unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in your Account Settings after purchase.
New in tableread
Now loads PDF files and reads automatically.
Now format independent. Reads any live PDF file.
New easy tap rehearsal feature.
New easy tap character setup feature.
Updated menu set.
New advanced player controls.
Ratings and Reviews
Music to my ears
I love this app. Sure, there are a few bugs, but getting the chance to hear your movie read aloud with a background score is priceless. I catch so many more things when I listen to a read through with the app as opposed to reading it myself. The voices are pretty good, but I've found that the robotic-ness actually helps. If you can stomach your dialogue when spoken by robots then you're probably writing pretty good dialogue. Bad dialogue sticks out like a sore thumb :)
- spend lots of time assigning voices but save often (by going to the menu and back) to avoid losing data if the app crashes.
Suggestions for future updates:
- FDX import
- create timing rules for screenplay specific punctuation like "--" or "..."
- music cues! I would love to be able to assign a music cue to begin when the narrator reads specific scene heading. It would be awesome if you could stop the music when the narrator reaches another specified scene heading.
Update or no update. I'm going to continue using this app like crazy.
Clumsy UI makes this hard to use
It took me several tries reading the help page to realize that I had to open my PDF from another app before I could import it into tableread. When I finally imported the script, I was told that I haven’t used professional screenwriting software. What does that even mean? There was no help provided. The user interface is clumsy and begins trying to get me to upgrade the moment I began using the app. I probably am responsible for not completely understanding, but it was so clumsy I wont be back soon.
Developer Response ,
We'd love for you to join our Testflight Beta program and help us make the app a much better user experience. Please private message us at email@example.com if you would like to join
Great app to have. It's been a great learning tool to have while learning my lines and sharing script notes with my fellow actors. If you are in the film or TV profession, it's a must have!!
- CONWAY ENTERPRISE WORLDWIDE PTY LTD
- 110.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 AppCoustic
- In-App Purchases
- tableread Pro $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.