Simply Piano by JoyTunes - Learn & play piano
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simply Piano is a fast and fun way to learn piano, from beginner to pro. Works with any piano or keyboard. Chosen as one of the best iPhone apps for 2016.
- Tons of fun songs like Imagine, Timber, Counting Stars, Safe and Sound, also J.S.Bach
- Includes courses for different musical tastes and playing levels
- Learn the basics step-by-step from reading sheet music to playing with both hands
- Slow down library songs to choose your own pace for easy learning
- Personalized 5-Min Workouts ensuring you progress fast and always succeed
- Suitable for all ages, no previous knowledge required to learn piano
No Piano? Try the Touch Courses with 3D Touch to turn your device into an on-screen keyboard!
How it works:
- Place your device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) on your acoustic/MIDI piano or keyboard and play; the app will immediately recognize what you are playing
- Get instant feedback on your playing to quickly learn and improve your skills
- Discover the magic of music with fun songs in the Library and complete courses to start sounding like a pro
How the Subscription Works:
- All app users can play two free courses. Upgrade to a premium subscription package at any time.
- Subscribers will receive full access to ALL courses. New courses and songs added every month!
- All recurring subscriptions will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on your iOS device.
- Payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
Choose from one of the following subscription options:
- 3 months recurring subscription for $44.99
- 6 months recurring subscription for $59.99
- Yearly recurring subscription for $89.99
Simply Piano is developed by JoyTunes, creators of award-winning apps Piano Maestro and Piano Dust Buster. The apps are used by tens of thousands of music teachers worldwide with over 1 million songs learned every week. JoyTunes are experts in creating educational and fun music apps for learning piano quickly and easily.
Awards & Recognition -
- "EMI’s Innovation Challenge”
- "World Summit Award", by the United Nations
- “Best Tools for Beginners”, NAMM
- "Best Tablet Game", GameIS
- “Parents' Choice Award”
- “Golden App”, Apps for Homeschooling
Have questions, feedback or suggestions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 4.8
* New & Improved Intermediate Courses! *
Thanks to all your awesome feedback, we’ve happily restructured Intermediate I & II for an even smoother learning experience. You’ll now find 3 Intermediate courses, which will give you much more training where it’s needed for an improved learning curve.
And don’t worry, your previous Intermediate progress and course completion will automatically be updated to the new structure.
Thanks for sharing your feedback, keep it coming!
I have used and subscribed to Piano Maestro from JoyTunes before Simply Piano, but now I am using this most.
The learning approach is very streamlined and improved over Piano Maestro (which has more content when you subscribe, though).
What is extremely helpful to me is that the app will just back up a couple of seconds in a piece when you make mistakes and re-run the part. This is a lot more efficient than going through a whole piece including the parts where you made no errors. I can not stress enough how good this feature is, you need to try it.
Now, when backing up does not help, it switches to "learning mode", slow, waiting for you to hit the right note and with metronome! Just brilliant! In fact, this is what my piano teacher does: telling me to go even slower and tapping the rhythm along...
The selected songs are great as well and there are more coming in a steady pace.
Using the app with a digital piano and MIDI over USB, but it also works with acoustic pianos using the microphone.
I try to keep up with all the piano learning apps in the AppStore and I am pretty sure this is currently the best one.
Great but could be better
I've been playing the piano for slightly more than a week and this app has already taught me so much. However, the songs have weird beats and sound very stilted. Also, after the free trial period ended for me, I found that the app was no longer able to recognize my timing. Where before, I was getting 90%+ on timing, now I'm lucky if it reaches 70%, making it nearly impossible to get 3 stars for songs. Maybe it's a way to boost your ego so you'll subscribe? Either way, pretty shady.
This app revived my love for piano and it's perfect for people who are straight beginners or other levels as well. It provides modern and classic songs that keep you interested and the quality of being able to pick up different notes is superb. Only thing is that there is a difference between reading sheet music and having the app keep rhythm for you
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 15, 2017
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 187 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: JoyTunes
- © 2015 JoyTunes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Access$14.99
- Full Access$89.99
- Premium Access$9.99
- Full Access$29.99
- Premium Access$4.99
- Full Access$89.99
- Full Access$89.99
- Full Access$44.99
- Premium Membership$29.99
- Stay in Touch Course$4.99