Combine your favorite photo memories with detailed weather forecasts. WeatherHop takes the photos on your phone and adds a detailed forecast to each location, it's the best weather app for people that love their photos.
WeatherHop is a fully featured weather app designed to become the app for your daily weather forecasts, but personalized to you by using your own photos and a forecast accurate down to the minute at your exact location (not just your city). You will see photos you've taken from the locations you are checking the weather for, not stock photography or only boring weather data.
The magazine Popular Photography says WeatherHop "combines two things we don't usually think of as being related: weather and personal photos...While photographs don't necessarily play a practical role in checking the weather, it is a fun and creative way to incorporate images into an everyday habit..."
* Your photos shown alongside hourly and 7-day forecasts for your current location, each location you save, and 3 or more other locations you have taken photos from
* Mini alerts for your current location if rain or snow is in the forecast for the day, including information on when it will happen in the next hour (down to the minute) and how far away the storm is
* Ability to clean up that photo library by favoriting, hiding, and deleting photos from your phone's library right in WeatherHop
WeatherHop's forecast data is powered by the amazing Dark Sky team, who generate hundreds of millions of forecasts each month. They use state-of-the-art technology to predict when it will rain or snow, down to the minute, at your exact location.
WeatherHop is ad-supported. If you choose to purchase WeatherHop Premium to remove ads, offset the costs of acquiring up-to-the-minute forecasts, and to support future development, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price is between $0.49-$1.99 USD per month, and may vary from country to country.
Note: If you choose to enable the "Daily Weather Update" feature in settings, WeatherHop will receive occasional GPS updates about your location in order to alert you of the weather in your current location (not your location when you last used the app). This could potentially decrease battery life. If you disable these alerts, WeatherHop will not impact battery life if it is not open on your phone.
Much improved design and full support for iOS 11, including:
* Light mode available now for Premium members
* Written weekly summary included on the details page for each location
* New display of high/low temperatures for the week - one glance to easily see the warmest days of the week
* Easily toggle between high/low temperatures and a written overview of the weather for each day of the week
* Bigger and bolder font that is easier on the eyes
* Redesigned Settings page
* Many bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, love seeing pics I've taken in the past along with the current weather forecast. Works super well and accurate for the weather forecast too.
Great use of my photos
Love getting a forecast and a new photo right to my lock screen each morning
Why have all the pics in your library and never look at them?
What a great idea for an app! I always check weather on my phone and see stock photos. This app delivers geo tagged pics from my library for my locations. Attractive design and simple to use.
- Colin Whooten
- 31.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Colin Whooten
- In-App Purchases
- Gold Tip $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.