Get affordable car insurance based on how you drive with Root. At Root, we think there is a better way to do car insurance—a way based on fairness and modern technology. That's why we're using artificial intelligence to help good drivers save money. A lot of it.
Better driving means bigger savings, so it can fit any safe driver's budget. So far, our customers are saving an average of $1,187 a year. There's a reason our insurance has been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, Wired, The Washington Post, and Fortune Magazine... (See disclaimers below)
Root provides affordable car insurance for safe drivers everywhere. Go for a test drive and we'll learn how good a driver you are and give you a policy that matches.
View your insurance card and report a claim from the app. Every policy includes roadside assistance for whenever things go wrong.
Don't worry about dealing with insurance agents trying to give you an inflated quote. Our AI technology handles it all and gives you a car insurance quote just as good as your driving.
To join Root, just download the app, get set up in 47 seconds and start driving! We'll ping you with your personalized quote in a few weeks.
How are we different?
DRIVE SAFE AND SAVE
• Get a price based primarily on how you drive.
• Better driver = bigger savings. Because you're more than your age and credit score.
• We don't make you pay for bad drivers. Since we don't insure the 30% of people that cause most of the accidents, you don't have to subsidize them.
• Our insurance was built to live in the same year you do. It lives on your phone, not in your glovebox.
• Sign up and get a quote right from your mobile device.
• File insurance claims directly from the app.
• Get roadside assistance, included in every policy.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE INSURANCE AGENT
• Automatically determine your insurance based off your driving history.
• Automatically measure your driving behavior with your iPhone to show us exactly how safe a driver you are.
• Don't get ripped off by insurance agents again!
DON'T BREAK YOUR BUDGET
• We offer affordable car insurance to all safe drivers.
• Our safe drivers save up to 52% on their insurance each year.
• Save on offers from other insurance companies.
• Point friends to Root and earn referral bonuses
Ready to start saving on car insurance? Get a personalized quote that matches your driving and save with Root – download today!
Auto insurance provided by Root Insurance Company. Not available in all states.
ROOT is a registered servicemark of Root Insurance Company, Columbus, OH.
Disclaimer: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO QUOTE ANY INDIVIDUAL A PREMIUM RATE FOR THE INSURANCE ADVERTISED HEREIN.
Translation: We don't offer quotes to bad drivers. That's how we save good drivers money.
Savings are based on national reviews reported by actual customers.
Pick a card
It has come to our attention that folks really, really don't like it when it's hard to delete an old credit card from our app. So we fixed it. You can now go to your payment methods and easily delete cards that are expired, maxed out, or that you're just sick of looking at. Prefer to have all your credit cards on file? Sure, you can do that, too. Ain't life grand?
Ratings and Reviews
Quality company and App. Few complaints
Setup is easy! That’s the biggest trait with root. Everything is just easy. It’s why we all have an iPhone, and it’s why McDonalds is still a popular place to eat. I got 20% reduced from my original policy with State Farm, which is HUGE since I’m a college student in Mississippi. You can also specifically choose what you need in your policy package. Don’t think your car is will get stolen? No problem. Don’t pay for that premium in your package builder!
The few things that bother me are the following:
1. The iPhone X has been out since November, yet its almost Summer 2018 and the app still does not support the X screen! They have a photo of the app on the X without black bars on their website, which mislead me and makes me wonder why a company based on tech isn’t up to date with the display. This has nothing to do with the company itself, but it’s makes me question their sense of quality. Everything else is well made and fun to look at!
2. Root uses machine learning to determine if you are driving, if you are flying, or cycling, etc. I took a trip to NYC and rode a taxi (they are crazy drivers), and my driving score went from a 9 to an 8! I sent an email and got a response within 24 hours. Their response was that they have analysts who look at the data and see what was happening. With a company this new, I decided to trust them. Nevertheless, couldn’t ask for a better deal.
Hey, MilkdotWhole — thanks so much for the fair and honest review. 🙌🏼
We are, however, a little confused why the iPhoneX isn't working for you (or where you might have seen that). Our app works with any iPhone that's a 5s and above. If you wouldn't mind following up with us, we'd love to look into this issue more. You can reach us at email@example.com.
I hate writing reviews. But this one begs to be written. I'm a fantastic driver in a city positively brimming with crappy drivers. My former insurer's rates kept climbing and it was totally unfair, but what could I do? They were still the cheapest I'd found. Well eventually I stumbled across Root, read the reviews, and thought "why not". It took a few weeks to complete the test drive, but oh my god was it ever worth it. Driving score was 10/10, and my 6-month paid-in-full premium went from $443 to $258— 42% cheaper, with even better custom coverage than I had before! (Equal coverage would have been $243, a 45% discount.) I was already gonna tell all my friends anyway, and then I noticed in the confirmation email that they give a $25 referral bonus to you AND anyone you refer after they do a test drive and get a quote. So, heck yeah, I'm sending them everyone I know. I even sent my former Allstate agent a link when I emailed them to cancel. 😈 I just signed up today so I can't yet speak to the day-to-day user experience of the app itself. (But who uses their auto insurance app every day anyway?) Beyond the insanely cheaper rates, Root offers some other cool perks as well, but I'll just leave those for y'all would-be customers to discover on your own. Long story short, just get the app and do a test drive. You'll probably get a really sweet surprise!
Wow! We love this review, Zedsdeadbaybee! So much so, that we’d like to use it for social media. If you’re cool with it, please shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As a token of our appreciation, we’d love to send you some Root swag. So please include your t-shirt size and mailing address in the email! Thanks again!
Looked at Root insurance about a year ago and they were not in my state (Kentucky). This time, they were though! When first signing up, I had an issue with setting up two drivers. Customer service was very responsive and got the issue resolved. After 3 weeks, we got a quote. The rate Root offered was great! The rate with Root is saving us $320 a year over Liberty Mutual and we got higher coverages like $50,000 Personal Injury Protection and no deductible compared to $10,000 with and a deductible with Liberty Mutual. And, we no longer need to pay for AAA since roadside assistance is included!
The Root app is so easy to use and we were really happy to see that if we need to make any changes to our policy, we can do so right in the app and see how it affects our rate. I can’t say enough good things about this app and company! I also sent an app suggestion to them and got a very quick and friendly response! Considering the price, benefits, and exceptional customer service, I have a feeling we will be staying with Root insurance for a very long time!
Root has certainly gone above and beyond in finding ways to put their customers first and treat us like an insurance company should! I will definitely be referring other customers to Root and highly recommend them for auto insurance!
Aw! We love to hear stories like these! Thanks for sharing, thebulder! 😍
- Root, Inc.
- 135.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Root
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.