Sea of Squares is a simple relaxing 3D puzzle game. Match two or more adjacent blocks of the same color to remove them up until you clear entire level. What could be easier? Huh! Try it on your iPad, iPhone or iPod and see how far you can get.
- Easy and fun to play.
- 3 difficulty modes from relaxing to challenging.
- 100+ colorful levels.
- Leaderboards to compete with other players.
Please note that you DON'T need to replay again the entire level when you can't find any matching blocks! Simply use the reshuffle button (the third button in the top left corner) to re-colorize the blocks.
- Try to only reshuffle colors if you can't find a match.
- Always keep enough reshuffles to complete the level.
- The high score is the sum of all cleared level scores.
- Replay the level until you get the score you want.
- Leaderboard requires signing in to Game Center but you can cancel if you don't want to.
- Added new levels!
- Allow users to continue listening to their music when playing
- Fixed black screen problem on iOS10
Ratings and Reviews
Inconsistent game logic frustrates me!!
The idea of finding same colored objects that touch in a 3D space is really cool but the logic of making selections should be 3D as well. Sometimes I can select a match that wraps/connects around to another axis and sometimes I can't. What!?!?! This inconsistency is really frustrating! At first I thought maybe it is because I saw it then rotated the connection out of view, which kind of makes sense in a lame way. But I've tested and I can often rotate to a view where I can see both axis and sometimes it clears both sides and sometimes it clears only the axis I touch. Grrrrr! I can understand not giving me bonus connections that aren't visible yet, but why all inconsistency? Really I wish it would give me the bonus and all, if I was lucky enough to click on a group when it matches to hidden colors, bonus! But instead the logic doesn't act consistently and so it's pointless to try and plan moves and therefore frustrating to play this game when it tricks me. I'm deleting it!
Yes, There is Strategy
After much game play under my belt, I can tell you that there IS strategy involved if you want to play that way.
You can expect that, as you remove blocks, the remaining blocks will shift down (think gravity), and/or to the left.
When you flip the 3D image upside down and then remove blocks, the remaining blocks STILL shift from the top down (with gravity), and to the left.
So, part of the strategy is, when you see blocks to remove, you position that 3D image so that more matches will occur when blocks adjust.
And you can predict the adjustment because, in the view you’re looking at, the blocks will shift down and/or left.
The DELETE ALL PROGRESS (UPDATE ?? ) review.
To be objective I HAD enjoyed this game very much, one of my favorites. The 3D graphics and the ability to manipulate the blocks in all directions, zooming in and out when necessary, made the challenge all the better. However... the new update was disappointing and frustrating solely because ALL past progress was deleted. This app could have easily been modified by adding more puzzles/features without wiping the slate clean. I can only conclude the village idiot got hold of this before it launched, as I can't think of any reason why the developers would want to encourage and practically beg consumers to dish out negative public reviews. Heads up, idiot, not everyone likes to be FORCED to start all over again. One star for VERY POOR forethought .
- ELECTROFISH INTERACTIVE LTD
- 8.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ELECTROFISH INTERACTIVE LTD
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.