Take professional grade black and white photographs in RAW or JPEG format! With plenty of manual camera features, you’ll be able to enjoy superior black and white images when compared to a regular grayscale photo filter.
Have complete control over the entire process and experiment with the manual shooting parameters. Adjust the exposure, focus and contrast and preview the result in real-time, before you take the shot.
Lock your focus using the manual focusing slider for ultra-fast shooting, as the camera won’t need to re-focus between shots.
DEVELOP YOUR CREATIVITY
Learn to "see" in Black & White through Camera1 unique simultaneous contrast and exposure adjustments. Explore the infinite black and white image possibilities in real-time, right in the viewfinder.
Use the Zen mode to focus all your creative attention on the picture, and not the camera.
TURN YOUR PHONE INTO A PROFESSIONAL CAMERA
Camera1 takes full advantage of your camera hardware and saves in a variety of different file formats, including JPEG, TIFF, RAW and DNG, allowing for maximum editing flexibility in applications like Photoshop and Lightroom.
Live histograms, flash, grid views and a range of manual controls allow you to get the perfect shot, every time.
Camera1 - Highlights
• Black & white photography only: commit to Black and White at shooting time.
• High-quality image processing engine. Take full advantage of your device camera hardware.
• Manual focus (with magnification of the center focusing area), focus lock, spot focus, auto-focus
• Manual exposure compensation, or use Auto exposure
• Live histogram when changing contrast and exposure, with overexposure warning.
• 6 contrast/color filters for Black & White: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, infrared (simulated)
• Manual contrast control
• On dual-lens devices (i.e. iPhone 7+, 8+ and X), pinch to switch between telephoto and wide-angle
• RAW (DNG) + JPEG capture, on supported devices (iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S+, iPhone 7/7+/8/8+/X, iPad Pro). DNG files contain color information, allowing later editing. A full-resolution JPEG, processed to Black and White by Camera1 is saved along side the DNG file, to the camera roll
• TIFF file format
• Tap on the picture to take the shot
• 5 crop formats: 3:2, 4:3 (native), 1:1, 16:9, 2.35:1 (panorama)
• Zen mode: all controls disappear, leaving only the viewfinder on the screen for the ultimate picture-taking experience
• 3 flash modes: On, Off, Torch
• 2 focusing grid types: Rule of third and and Golden Triangles
• Live view of all controls above
• Black and White camera roll, image viewer at full resolution
• Share to online social networks, as supported by your device.
UNLOCK THE TRUE POTENTIAL OF YOUR DEVICE WITH CAMERA1 – DOWNLOAD TODAY!
"The most brilliant Camera App in recent years" -- Keisuke Takahashi
"I like the results-a bit like film (Tri-X) with a slight grain pattern. Lots of latitude" -- Eric Mencher @emencher
Don't forget to tag your pictures with #camera1app !
- HEIC file format support
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
- Wide Gamut capture and image processing
Ratings and Reviews
This has become my default camera app
I shoot a lot of pictures on my phone- my Instagram has 2.2k pictures posted (@mr_los_siento). I've used a ton of apps for shooting and post processing like Black and Contrast by Hornbeck, but Camera1 has become my favorite for a few reasons.
1. Very intuitive controls that are the perfect size and design for touchscreen. The 3 axis EV, contrast, and manual focus are responsive and brilliant for adjusting on the fly.
2. The ability to shoot in b/w and save a copy in color- even if I intend to use the color version, shooting in b/w is superior for allowing you to focus on composition, tone, and contrast.
3. Imbed a copyright in exif; not a necessity, but a great add.
Final thoughts: definitely worth the cost 👍🏼👍🏼.
Worked fine until I upgraded my phone
I used to love this app. On my iPhone XR, the manual focus no longer works.
Developer Response ,
Hi, sorry to hear about your problem, this shouldn’t happen. There is a ‘technical support’ link in the app’s settings page, would you mind sending a request through that, so I can look at it? Thanks
My favorite black & white camera app
Shows what your image will look like with your settings in real time. If you're just getting into photography this app will help you visualize the world in black & white. If you're a pro you can set up the app and it will stay out of your way.
I love the Zen mode for just a pure shooting experience. I like the histogram pops up when you move the exposure slider.
If you are experienced with shooting film, the color filters work very well. Produces great images straight from the camera. You can also view and export any image from your camera roll in black & white (no editing though).
It would be nice to have the option to know what shutter and ISO are being used. Would like to see a save to tiff file option. Tapping anywhere on the screen for the shutter causes too many misfires for me, but you can use the volume buttons (you can also use the volume button on your apple earbuds).
- Sebastien Ardon
- 15 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright SGA Software 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.