Roberts and Hedges’ Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine continues its long tradition of being the most well-known and trusted procedures manual in emergency medicine. The newly revised 6th edition of this classic medical reference has been thoroughly updated with step-by-step Review, Procedure, and Ultrasound Boxes covering the latest equipment, devices, drug therapies, and techniques you need to know for effective practice of emergency medicine. You'll access complete and detailed guidance on exactly when, how, and why to perform all of today’s common and uncommon procedures and get the best results.
• Understand the ins and outs of every procedure you're likely to consider, such as how, why, when to, and when not to perform them, in addition to other emergency procedures that may be an option.
• Brand-new videos of common and complex procedures
• See entire procedures at a glance with the addition of new Procedure Boxes, which offer step-by-step visual instruction on over 250 emergency techniques. Ideal for point-of-care reference, these Procedure Boxes also serve as a comprehensive mini atlas and are especially useful for less-encountered procedures or those that require complex equipment.
• Easily apply the latest emergency ultrasound techniques through new Ultrasound Boxes, all of which are expertly written and richly illustrated with photographs of the technique as well as screen captures of the US images.
• Master today's hottest new procedures including ultrasound for diagnosis of pneumothorax; loop abscess drainage; pediatric fluid resuscitation; and video-assisted intubation.
• Clearly and efficiently visualize all emergency procedures with a complete overhaul of figures, now nearly all in full color; new diagnostic images representing multiple modalities; and procedural videos demonstrating key techniques.
Review of book on which the app is based:
"The sixth edition does not disappoint. This book truly covers an exhaustive list of emergency procedures with great attention to detail. The graphs and figures accurately demonstrate many of the procedures, making this an invaluable resource for quick review at the bedside."-Michael Zwank, MD, RDMS, FACEP (Universtiy of Minnesota Medical School) Doody Review: 5 stars
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for keywords and phrases. The search tool will find text, images, tables and videos with one single fast search. The search tool shows you suggested words as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling. The text search results show the most relevant results at the top of the search. This app also lets you create bookmarks and notes, allowing you to customize the content to fit your needs. You can also change the text size for easier reading. This app is optimized for whatever size device you are using, either phone or tablet.
This interactive app is based on the full content of Roberts and Hedges' Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine, 6th Edition by Elsevier.
James R. Roberts, MD, FACEP, FAAEM, FACMT
Catherine B. Custalow, MD, PhD
Todd W. Thomsen, MD
Jerris R. Hedges, MD, MS, MMM
Arjun S. Chanmugam, MD, MBA
Carl R. Chudnofsky, MD
Peter M.C. DeBlieux, MD
Amal Mattu, MD
Stuart P. Swadron, MD, FRCPC
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
Ratings and Reviews
Not as expected
Purchased as stand alone procedure resource for military deployment. Videos are links that require live stream. Very expensive for YouTube links. Not recommended.
- Usatine Media LLC
- 591.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Usatine Media LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.