MileCatcher is a more affordable, accurate mileage tracker with full trip route displayed for easier recall. Get unlimited 30 days trial. Your driving log is available on our web portal for easy bulk classification.
- Full address and map route with every trip - ALWAYS FREE
- Build your own address library - ALWAYS FREE
- Zoom trip route to easier recall trips - ALWAYS FREE
- All trips are sorted by status for easier focus (time saver) - ALWAYS FREE
- Online back up of all trip data - ALWAYS FREE
- Custom Business rate - ALWAYS FREE
- All reports in pdf, excel and csv formats - ALWAYS FREE
- Rich statistics in-app - ALWAYS FREE
- Support tax rules in +20 countries - ALWAYS FREE
- Auto-Classify repeat trips and save time - ALWAYS FREE
- Low battery impact mode - only log trips in work hours - ALWAYS FREE
- Multi Company, Multi-Vehicle, multi-rate reporting - yes indeed! - ALWAYS FREE
- Admin role for report delegation - delegate report generation - ALWAYS FREE
- Web portal: Classify in bulk, copy trips, trip analysis, report history - FREE 30 DAY TRIAL
- Unlimited, automatic trip logging - FREE 30 DAY TRIAL
Want more details on how we compare with other mileage tracking apps? Visit us at www.milecatcher.com/compare.
Paid subscription requires user opt-in. No automatic billing after the trial period.
In-app MileCatcher Premium auto-renewable subscription is available on a monthly or yearly plan.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
– Cost of the renewal is US $5.99/month or US $47.99/year or equivalent in local currency.
Warning: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
New improved trip card design to easier enter notes and odometer readings.
Ratings and Reviews
End Of An App
I’ve used this app for 2 years now. It was never perfect, but for the low price of Free it did the job well enough so that I get compensation for the hundreds of miles I drive for work each week. However, the app unfortunately does not perform well enough to justify locking the main function behind a subscription. Which is exactly what they have done. Addresses are inconsistent at best, the app eats data like nobody’s business, and the blue “location in use” banner that never goes away is obnoxious and sometimes wreaks havoc on other apps. Tracking frequently failed to catch trips (again please keep in mind that I make tons of trips that need to be logged each week), shorter trips are frequently ignored, and sometimes segments of your trips will be recorded as a straight line from one spot to the next (to be fair, that particular issue is much less common than it used to be but still does occasionally happen). All of this I was willing to put up with though, for a free way to get money back to pay for my car’s wear and tear.
TL;DR, it’s no longer free to log trips. Which means my standards for the app have gone up. And the app unfortunately fails to meet those new standards. Will be uninstalling shortly.
Developer Response ,
We're really glad you enjoyed MileCatcher for the last two years. Moving forward our paid plan is still +30% less than the competition. If not interested, then you are not locked in. You can download your trips log for free. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help. We want to help. Thank you again, Milecatcher Support
So many good things with a lot of drawbacks
I’ve been using MileCatcher since about April. I love that it automatically logs my trips so I don’t have to remember to log mileage for my home health jobs. I also like the maps, and the ability to merge trips, However, I do in home and facility. 2 places I go that are a tenth of a mile away from each other are logged as the same location, so I wish it was a little more accurate. Since the most recent update, a blue banner at the top of my phone flashes “MileCatcher is Actively Using Your Location.” I’ve been at home for 13 hours and am currently laying in bed, so there’s no need for this. I tried to set work hours so that it would only use my location during hours I typically work, but checked it halfway through the first day and noticed it wasn’t logging my drives at all so work hours no longer work either. It’s using a ton of battery and data. I paid a lot of money for something that doesn’t really do what I want it to anymore, wish I knew how to fix it.
Developer Response ,
Please note, Menu - Work Hour feature - if turned "on" will not log trips outside work hours. This mean less trips to classify but you can set changr the default hour and actions to your liking. Please reach us via in-app help or by e-mailing support@Milecatcher.com. We're here to help. Thank you. MileCatcher Support
I really wanted to use this app
I tried hard to use this app, and gave it a good go. In the first month of use, I noticed that it wasn't tracking my trips entirely - it often didn't start tracking until I was several miles into my trip. I complained, support sent me an email to contact them, I never did. I also noticed that I would have notifications to classify trips, but when I opened the app nothing would be there. I would open and completely close the app several times until my trips finally popped up. After a couple months of use I couldn't even get the app to open in my phone, and it stopped tracking. I gave it a week hoping it would fix itself, and finally googled the issue. Google told me to uninstall and reinstall the app, and that my previous trips would be restored. It worked, but I lost 3 months of trips. It worked for another 2 weeks, and has stopped working again. Fortunately I was using a back-up program while trying to decide which one I liked better. I am uninstalling this one for good.
Developer Response ,
Sounds like we can improve your experience. Please do contact us at email@example.com or use the in-app chat.
We're here to help. Thank you, MileCatcher Support
- Milecatcher, Inc.
- 52.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © MileCatcher, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $5.99
- Annual Subscription $47.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.