Recipe Organizer by OrganizEat: recipe keeper box
By Rada Mislovaty
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Eliminate those stacks of cookbooks and recipe organizers from your kitchen when you store your favorite recipes in the OrganizEat Recipe Organizer. This handy app lets you keep all your favorite recipes organized right on your iPhone. Use this app to keep Grandma's secret recipes stored, or use it to organize your own custom recipes. Simply snap a photo of your recipe and it's ready for you to view. The app keeps your recipes organized by category, and you can tag each dish for easy searching. Share your recipes with friends with the email, Facebook, and Twitter share buttons.
· Enter each recipe into the app by snapping a photo - no need to type!
· Save recipes from the web automatically - more than 100 popular sites supported!
· You can also type the recipe, if you wish. Sometimes its easier that way :)
· Shopping List: add recipes ingredients to your grocery list with a single tap!
· Beautiful skins - an app that is beautiful enough to feel like a home for the recipes you want to keep and pass down
· iPhone and iPad apps all in one
· Backup your recipes and sync them across all your devices!
· Organize every recipe by folders
· Customise folders to suit your needs
· Add searchable tags to easily find your favourite dish. Multiple tags search is also supported!
· Perform index searches for recipes based on keywords or tags
· Add your own pictures to each recipe
· Email recipes to friends and family
· Share recipes with other app users by a single click!
Note: this free app has all the features unlocked, to allow you a complete trial experience with all the functionalities. The free app is restricted to only 20 recipes. In order to keep using the app beyond this limit, annual subscription is required, for the price of $3.99/year
What's New in Version 2.7.6
Fix for the older iPad models bug, that couldn't edit their recipes.
Fix of a crash occurring in the grocery list.
App is great, sales model not so much
I've had the free version of the app for a few weeks and have had great success with it. But when I considered buying the $20 full version versus the $4 yearly subscription, the subscription clearly seemed like the way to go, since there aren't many apps I can say I've used for at least 5 years. But you can only buy the $20 version through the App Store; the $4 version you buy through the app by putting in your iTunes password. That's basically like me saying, "I'll give you $16 in exchange for a password linked to your credit card!" Nice app and all, but I don't trust you that much! So do everyone a solid and make the subscription available for purchase through iTunes, mmkay?
Other than that, love the app. My only suggested changes would be to let you record when you've made a recipe and give it reviews so you can remember how much you liked it/if you would change anything the next time you made it. (Of course you could type that into the Notes field but an actual rating system would be better.)
New review update to: Chefs beware
...I'd like to update my old review to a new and more positive one. Since I posted my last review, the powers that be at Organizeats were able to fix the issue of me not having "unlimited recipes ", and everything is working well, as it should be. They responded promptly to my problem via email and I am happy to be able to continue using the app.I downloaded the app with hopes this would be a simple way to store recipes. But, it only allows you to have up to five recipes, with the option of paying more (a lot more than you'd expect for a cookbook app), which I did. They offered it as a "one-time" charge, and you get unlimited recipes. However, it wasn't a one time charge, and in fact, the "unlimited" only lasted for three months. Now, I can no longer add recipes without paying another high priced fee for a cookbook app that's only fair at best to begin with. I'm now searching for a better cookbook app. Don't waste your time with this one, it's not worth it.
Perfect for my needs
I love the simplicity and flexibility of this app. My favorite feature is the "this week" tagging that lets me tag certain recipes that I've slated to make sometime this week. It allows me to quickly access the meals/recipes I need this week without boxing me into a specific date that I plan to make each meal. I also love that I can create a recipe that is just a picture of an index card or cutout from a magazine. It's too tedious to enter in every single ingredient or every single step for recipes that I don't plan on sharing and know how to make. Sometimes I just want to have a placeholder for my go-to meals as a "recipe" in a place to help me get ideas for the upcoming week's meal planning. This app gives me exactly that. So happy to have found it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jul 16, 2017
- Version: 2.7.6
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Rada Mislovaty
- © 2017 Rachel Mislovaty & Michael Kariv
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- OrganizEat Full Version$11.99
- Full Version$2.99
- Small Package of Extra Photos$1.99
- Large Package of Extra Photos$4.99
- Medium Package of Extra Photos$2.99