Fast Tract Diet App helps you identify gut friendly foods versus hard-to-digest foods, track and chart your meals and symptoms, create shopping lists and quickly look up symptom potential for specific foods & drinks at your favorite market on the fly.
Fast Tract Diet is based on a flexible “FP” point system adaptable to a variety of dietary preferences. Each food is assigned a specific point value based on its symptom potential; the lower the points, the lower the symptom potential.
Fast Tract Diet addresses the symptoms of Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders and Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) and related digestive and general health issues including:
• Gas, bloating, distension and belching
• Cramps, abdominal pain and indigestion
• Diarrhea, constipation or altered bowel habits
• Heartburn, sore throat, sinus irritation, persistent cough, sour taste, hoarseness, lump in throat feeling and post nasal drip
• Respiratory symptoms
• Allergic and autoimmune reactions
Credits for various Icons
Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com
Icon made by Picol from www.flaticon.com
Fixing for user reported feedbacks.
Ratings and Reviews
Great addition to the book or alone
This app is a great addition to Dr Norm Robillard's "Fast Tract Diet" book. I appreciated having the additional information and explanations in the book. That said, I think you would still gain huge benefits from just using this app alone as well. To the woman who can't find foods easily, look for the little looking/magnifying glass at the top of the screen in the app. If you tap on that, you can "search" for foods. I do that most of the time. The "FP Food Lists" are helpful when I want a food in a particular category, but not sure exactly what I want to eat or shop for. I can go, for example, to the "Grains, Flours" section and see which ones have the lowest FP from which to choose. I LOVE the built-in FP calculator and being able to add my own custom foods or recipes to the database so I can really customize the app for me. The meal & symptom trackers are super helpful and love the graphical display of that info on the "Dashboard" section.
Update April 2016
I decided to update my review and lower to only two stars not because I believe that app was not useful. It was. I say was. While I wrote and received responses back on a few other bugs in this app this last one rendered it useless for me. After spending well over a month entering in my daily food items using the app as a guide on what to eat it is now all lost!
I updated my I pad to a new one. I did all the backups and double backups. None of that data transferred over to the new I pad. Had this app for $8 been able to sync over to different devices (as even free apps can do) I would of had it on my phone. So now what! start all over again. Think not. Paper or excel can work fine recording my data. More work but less chance of loss. Had I known this before I never would of bought it. Buy it you only have one device and never plan on replacing it. Otherwise skip. By the way, tech folks nice, But not very helpful. Thank you.
Helpful, but could use some improvements...
I have found this app to be very useful, but the following improvements would be nice:
1. Sync between devices
2. Ability to add multiple items at a time when tracking food
3. Expansion of the general library of foods for which FP have been calculated. Perhaps by crowdsourcing and allowing users to add to the library each time the calculator is used and a custom item is saved. If there are concerns about a calculation being unverified, those particular items could be in a different color to warn users.
4. Category lists available in alphabetical order, not just by ascending FP amounts. While there is an overall alphabetical listing provided, it would still be helpful to have this feature by category when planning menus and trying to make sure all food groups are included.
5. Integration of Glycemic Index lists for easier calculations. Or, at the very least, links to acceptable lists, so users don't need to go out of the app to look these items up.
6. Inclusion of caloric amounts for food items, as many users are also concerned about their caloric intake.
7. Inclusion of recipes that are in the book and ability to add them when tracking food, so users don't have to add each ingredient individually.
- Norm Robillard
- 8.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Norm Robillard 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.