Kalliopeia is a high resolution music player app.
1. High-res audio playback
Supports up to 5.6MHz DSD and 384kHz PCM high-res audio. Capable of playing song synced to your iTunes.
- DSF / DIFF
- WAV / AIFF
- ALAC(Apple Lossless)
* A device with a portable amp or other function that supports high resolution is required to output high-res audio at its original quality. Headphones plugged directly into a headphone jack will output at 44.1kHz or 48kHz.
* To play DSD files, you need a DAC that supports DSD over PCM (DoP).
2. Converts standard audio files to high-res using upsampling
Kalliopeia links to your connected device to provide upsampling and playback at up to 192kHz.
* Kalliopeia has a fairly high CPU utilization rate, so your battery may drain faster when it is in use.
3. Built-in 11-band equalizer for bringing out that high-res power
Built-in 32Hz~32000Hz 11-band equalizer.
Use the 20 stock presets, or create and save your own settings.
You can also assign settings for each musical genre.
4. Additional Features
- Gapless Playback
- Create playlists
- Enter the next songs to listen to with "Play Waitlist"
- Save your listening history (up to 20 songs)
- Shuffle, repeat
- Post what you are listening to on Twitter and other social networks
- Override screen auto-lock during playback
- The Last.fm Scrobbling feature
Fixed scrobbling behavior when offline.
Ratings and Reviews
Great sound, but...
The music sounds great, but for some reason it only plays in shuffle mode. I looked in settings and saw no options to turn this off. Did I miss something? This is quite annoying and will probably cause me to delete the app.
Good sound! Gapless playback too...
UI is simple and easy on the eye too. Highly recommended.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.