Choose This not That for Alzheimer’s Disease. The most promising guidelines to-date, to lower the risk of Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) was published through the research conducted by the scientists at the Rush University. These dietary guidelines are known as the MIND diet. Adherence to this diet showed up to 53% reduction in risk of developing AD among participants. This colorful app provides comprehensive, actionable and easy to follow guidelines based on the MIND diet.
The first app to support the MIND diet, it offers a number of powerful, unique and interactive features:
• Is this food good for me? Answers the common question about suitability of various food items for your personal situation. And it does so in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• Top-5 helpful items and the Top-5 items to avoid.
• Health issues often come our way in groups of two or more. They are often caused by other health complications or result in other illnesses and risks. This publication is the only one on the market that also offers dietary guidance for the COMBINATION of AD and the following health issues common among AD patients and those at high risk of developing AD: Anxiety, Cancer risk, Depression, Diabetes Type-2, Excess weight, Heart disease, High blood pressure, High cholesterol, Macular Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, and Vitamin D Deficiency.
• Food Suggestions. Get suggestions on the best food choices within a food group, and get expert recommendations based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when you are in a restaurant or grocery store.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for you. We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
• Suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options exist and are helpful to you.
Information presented in this app is based on the content licensed from Personal Remedies, LLC. The primary sources used by Personal Remedies are USDA (US Department of Agriculture) and NIH (National Institute of Health) agencies, and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions in the market. It is based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
The information presented by this app is updated by our team as needed on an ongoing basis. Updates happen seamlessly, and do NOT require frequent inconvenient downloads of a new version of the app.
“This technology was developed using the most current clinical evidence-based information that is available in the US. Behind this technology there is a team of expert clinicians, scientists, endocrinologists, oncologists, and other specialists who are passionate about bridging the gap between expert knowledge and the patient.“
Katya Tsaioun, PhD, Nutrition, Tufts University; L.D.N.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School
“The Choose This Not That series of apps provide dietary recommendations focused on common chronic health problems. They are easy to understand and thus easy to implement into daily life. Most doctors would find it difficult to discuss dietary recommendations at the level of detail found in the series. They should serve as a valuable complement in helping people manage chronic illnesses through dietary and lifestyle modifications.”
Andrew S. Lenhardt, MD
Lahey Clinic, Hamilton, MA
Updated with the latest data and research on AD and its common comorbidities. Added numerous new food items. Added Recipe feature. Ease of use improvements.
- Personal Remedies, LLC
- 3.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Personal Remedies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.