Captain Cowboy is a puzzle adventure set in a giant asteroid space maze.
- Explore a huge handcrafted world
- Get lost in your quests for diamonds
- Get back on track with the handy automap
- Find the mysterious exit warp room
- Cross paths with friendly Snorkhogs and dangerous Gnurfs!
- Create avalanches of falling rocks in front of motion sensitive laser turrets
- Explore the underwater caverns with quite impressive water physics
- Visit the secret space station Discotek
- Simulated 8 bit char based videochip using 1008 volumetric parallaxed tiles on screen and a quirky CRT-shader
All in this little one handed portrait puzzle adventure featuring no in-app purchases, no advertising and extra continues are included in the price. And no tutorial! It's just you and the game. Go for it!
Created in Vislanda, Sweden by Wadonk AB.
Optimized for iPhone 5 or later.
Compatible with iPhone 4s and iPads with fullscreen.
- huge iPad performance optimization.
Ratings and Reviews
Good brain game, but a few bugs
I really enjoy playing this game. I love the old crt feel of it. The maze is huge, with many ways of getting from point A to Z. Each room has its own mind bender of how to beat it. I really enjoy these types of games.
I have yet to beat it, which leads me to the bugs.
I've seen random captain Cowboys appear on screen that move when I move ( mimicking my movement exactly). I also had a different piece of the map appear out of sequence, meaning The overview map didn't match actual screen. I was forced to restart my game from this point and I was 1000 diamonds in.
Lastly, I've quit by accident quite easily. There should be a warning saying by you are about to quit. That would have saved me headache.
A fun little boulderdash clone for mobile
The App Store has a serious discovery problem if a game like this can't get enough reviews to even show up on the product page. Easily worth a buck, but I only found it because it went free.
Fun game, love the retro CRT screen art style. Just wish it had an option an for traditional up/down/left/right buttons in the bottom left corner of the screen rather than having to swipe to change directions.
- Wadonk AB
- 55.4 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Wadonk AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.