As a board certified obstetrician and gynecologist, Dr. Edwards has been listening to and evaluating patients for twenty years regarding fertility issues in their pursuit of pregnancy. The goal of this app is to make the the user more aware of her fertility window, which is approximately four days.
Dr. Edwards has confined the data entry to the following: cycle length (most important), basal body temperature, one sided pelvic pain, and a noticeable increase in the user's vaginal discharge. Predictable periods and a change in the baseline characteristics of these other factors are most consistent with ovulation.
The Ovulator calculates your fertility window by utilizing your data to give you the best days for fertilization to occur. The goal of this app is to educate and allow the user to become more aware of her menstrual cycle and the other symptoms consistent with ovulation.
• designed by board certified OBGYN Dr. Joe Edwards with more than twenty years experience in helping women achieve their desire for pregnancy
• tracks menstrual cycles and symptoms associated with ovulation
• instructs user regarding best days for sex to get pregnant and days not to have sex to improve sperm counts
• quick and easy data entry
• historical tracker to review past menstrual cycles
• checklist for fertility evaluation
• algorithm that learns your best fertility window based on your personalized data
• push notifications to remind you to check the ovulator
- fix bug in cycle view
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, easy to use
I had been using another ovulation app for about 12 months while trying to avoid pregnancy. I started using this app in July 2016 and input 6 months of data from my old app into this app and was pregnant on the first try. I like the simplicity of this app, especially the red indicator for "no sex days" and green indicator for "sex days." The app is very easy to use. I tracked all variables except temperature. I also found the information section of this app to be very helpful, providing simple explantions about ovulation, fertility, and sex determination. I will definitely use this app again!
It's about time!!
Having had two miscarriages, I have spent my fair share of time using fertility and ovulation apps. Most are hard to navigate, require a ton of information on the users part, and just tough to use! The Ovulator is simple, to the point, and USEFUL! Best app out there!
GREAT OVULATION APP!!
As women's health nurse I know how important tracking cycles can be and this app makes it super simple! Best app on the market for those women trying to conceive quickly!
- Andrew Joseph Edwards III MD
- 2.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Dr. Andrew Joseph Edwards III
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.