US NOAA Radars 3D Pro
By Jufen Chang
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Next Generation of Weather Radar app is here.
iOS App Quick Started:
> Radar images will be loaded when the app is launched and will be refreshed every 10 minutes. And you are ready to see the latest real time radar images on the map. Zoom in and out to see the whether across multiple states. Click on the "Radar" button to enable/disable radar images. Slide the slider to change the transparency of radar images. You can also select any radar from menu, radar stations on the map and right sidebar to switch to a different radar station.
> To see the major city 3D View, follow the steps below:
1. Select "Flyover" on the top to enable 3D View
2. Select "Major Cities" from the left sidebar to see the major cities on the map. Click on any major city and you are ready to see 3D City View (use two-fingers gesture to change viewing angles: zoom in/out, rotate, swipe up/down). You can also zoom in to a major city manually.
Watch App Quick Started:
> Launch the Watch App and the app will communicate with the iOS App to get the nearest Radar information and also notify the iOS App to select and view the Radar. The radar image will also be sent back to Watch App for display. Click on the "Nearest" button if you would like to search the nearest radar again.
This app is the Next Generation of Weather Radar app by integrating the following technologies and data together:
- The latest Apple MapKit features such as Traffic, Buildings, POI and 3D View
- Apple Watch Integration with iPhone.
- Apple TV integration (Universal Purchase)
- Real Time NOAA Radar
- National, Regional and Individual Radar View with the easiest ways to access the radars (right sidebar, menu or map pins)
- 3D Radar View
- Transparent Radar View
- Radar Image
- Major cities layer and weather forecast (***Full Version*** Tap a city and the flyover view will be enabled and zoomed into the selected city).
- Radar Stations layer and weather forecast (Full Version)
- Radar Images (Full Version)
- Apple Watch Integration.
- Databases with built in information.
- Weather Alerts (Under development)
This app provides the following features:
- The first app integrates the latest national Radar, Regional Radar and Individual Radars together.
- The first app provides Radar images in 3D view by selecting Flyover map mode on the top.
- Quick access to radars:
> One click Radar switch by selecting the right sidebar and click on a radar.
> One click Radar switch by selecting an item on the top menu.
> One click Radar switch by selecting radar on the map (Full Version)
- One click feature/layer switch by selecting the left sidebar and click on a feature/layer
> Radar Image based upon the selected state
> Radar Stations layer on/off
> Major cities layer on/off
- One click theme switch by selecting the left sidebar and click on a theme to have the look you want.
- This app provides the Apple Watch Integration to control iPhone to select and display the nearest Radar Image.
- This app provides Apple TV integration (Universal Purchase)
What's New in Version 16.83
Navigation is extremely difficult on Apple TV 4. App freezes frequently. Radar is static, and the view is too far away to be useful. The first app that I've ever purchased that I will delete after my second attempt using it. It was a bad user experience. For the price, I thought it would be much better or at least useful to some degree.
You can get better info through other apps that are free. The NOAA weather radar display is terrible. The app crashes more than it works. Yes, I bought it. Yes, I am deleting it.
MyRadar far better
If you want raw NOAA radar, this might be OK. IMO not worth the three bucks.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 25, 2016
- Version: 16.83
- Size: 78.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Jufen Chang
- © Create Mobile Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes