The debit card that empowers teens to make the best financial decisions. Automate allowance, get spending notifications, create and reward chores, and never have to run to the ATM for cash again.
Current gives teens everything they need to learn how to budget money, including savings goals, round-up savings, and the ability to check their balance so they always know how much they have to spend. They can earn money from chores, pay or request money from friends, and even give to charity. Each teen account includes a Visa® chip and pin debit card, in their name, that allows teens to spend online, in stores, and use ATMs. It even works with Apple Pay.
Parents get visibility into their teens spending with real-time alerts that show where transactions are happening. You can instantly transfer money to your teen, no matter where they are. If they are out with friends, or traveling outside the country, sending them extra money is easy. Current takes only a few minutes to setup and conveniently works with your existing bank account.
Convenience for Parents:
- Visibility into your teens spending with real-time alerts
- Schedule allowance in advance so it happens automatically
- Send money to your teens instantly
- Connects to your existing bank for easy transfers
- Any adult with a bank account can contribute
Freedom for Teens:
- Spend the way you want with A Visa® debit card
- Shop online use Apple Pay, and more
- See your balance so you know how much you can spend
- Request money from your parents
- Set savings goals and track your progress
- Round-up purchases and save a little every time you spend
- Earn money for chores and task (get paid for them fast)
- Donate to millions of charities through our website
- Request money from siblings and friends or pay them back
Current charges a simple, annual subscription of $36 for your first teen, and $12 for each additional teen. Unlike prepaid cards and many student checking accounts, we have:
- no transaction or transfer fees
- no minimum balances or minimum transfer amounts
- no overdraft fees
- no activation fee or inactivity fees
- Pause the card right from your phone to prevent unauthorized spending.
- No overdraft fees -- transactions larger than the card balance are declined
- The latest security, including an EMV chip on each debit card
- Ensure your privacy with fingerprint and facial recognition locks.
Download the Current app, today!
This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
You asked, we listened:
• Each time you leave a tip, you’ll now see the tip amount reflected in the receipt.
• Set up your account easily with an improved To-Do List.
• The log out period had been extended, so you can easily open the app again without inputting your password.
• Minor bug fixes, and user experience updates.
Keep up the feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
I love it! So far so good!
It empowers my teen twin sons in spending decisions based on their account balance instead of mine! They don’t have to ask me for money anymore, they get their weekly allowance automatically! I love the chore section! I can get them to do their chores faster! They can see the chore payment set up and they know the funds won’t be released until they complete their chore! You wouldn’t believe how much faster they move to get their chore completed lol (love it! ). Plus it teaches them how to bank, which these teens needs to learn before they become adults and make bad spending choices. They can save and puts money in their savings account. The giving account is wonderful. Teens needs to master the art of selflessness! I love this app so far so good. The yearly fee is affordable and worth it! A few things that are confusing however, when I set up an allowance, once it’s posted, the allowance I set resets and I’m confused as to if I need to reset. In the confusion, I set the allowance three times and now three payments were made when I only meant to set one allowance weekly.
Thank you for the feedback! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into what's happening to the allowance set up.
I got two cards for my niece and nephew as a Christmas gift. I did it as a way to send them a little money each month for allowance to help my sister out while she was going to school.
My sister was also able to add herself as a parent. It took a little bit of time because the security feature for adding another adult to the count was a part of the process. I’d choose security over convenience any day.
I was surprised by the fact that the
kids actually watch their money and spending habits better with the card then when they had cash in hand.
My sister actually loves it more than the kids do and she tells everybody about it. The cards gives peace of mind because you can easily transfer the money in an emergency or transfer money out.
You’re able to view all the spending that goes in and out of the kids accounts. They also realized for the first time that when you use cards or checks or other items of payment there is an actual connection to real money. These items don’t offer unlimited access to money sources.
They both have become pretty frugal since getting the cards. When they go out to dinner with their friends, they order water or off the children’s menu sometimes if they’re not very hungry. Even more importantly they started paying attention to the cost of what they choose from the menu when they’re out with their mom or dad or grandparents who are on a limited budget.
It's so great to hear that your niece and nephew have learned better spending habits. That's what we strive for; for teens to learn by doing. Make sure both you and your sister are using our referral program so you can be rewarded each time a parent signs up through your link.
Thanks for the changes.
Edit: I tapped the price to add in change and it worked. Thank you for telling about that. Also, thank you for adding the thing where I can now put things into my Savings/Givings weekly and when.
I'm a teen using the card. In the last design of the app, I was able to set a date to when my money would get transferred. For an example, I get my allowance on Thursday, and so I would put $1 in givings and in saving for Friday. I could set this up on any day. I just click what day I want it to transfer on, and it would transfer every Friday, but I can't do that anymore. Another one is I can't put in the right amour of money I want. For givings, I would put $1, but for savings I would put in $1.25. I can't put in the $0.25 any more, which I'm disappointed about. Please add those features back. Those features made the app a bit easier.
First of all, thank you for your feedback. Insights like these help us make our product better. We're happy to say that we will be bringing back scheduling in a later release. Regarding putting in the right amount of money, you should be able to edit the cent amount if you click directly on it. Try that and let us know if that works!
- Finco Services, Inc.
- 90.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Finco Services, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.