Wyoming 511 is the official road condition and traffic information app of the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT).
- Provides pre-trip map-based road and traffic conditions (Map)
- Displays web camera images (Map)
- Displays weather station data (Map)
- Shows users their route and mile marker location, and includes latitude / longitude (Where Am I?)
- Speaks conditions so drivers know what they can expect on the road ahead (Hands-Free / Eyes-Free)
- Alerts drivers to traffic information, including crashes and other hazards within a user-specified radius (Hands-Free / Eyes-Free)
- Updates data from WYDOT’s servers every 15 minutes when a data connection is available
- Uses GPS to provide location-based reports
Updated roadway geometry.
New road conditions.
Ratings and Reviews
Sure hope they don’t track and sell location like the Weather Channel app
Downloading now. Hopeful.
So far WDOT’s twitter feed is the most useful thing.
WDOT’s webpage is really hard to use on an ipad or iPhone. Not sure about the computer but I need it to work on my phone. While I’m stopped at a rest stop with minimal cell data. Roads need better labels for casual non-professional drivers.
I’m really looking for a system to alert me of dangerous weather conditions on the road from Fort Collins to Laramie — that pass can turn nasty in an instant while road conditions everywhere else are fine. There must be a large number of kids and parents and shoppers traveling from Laramie to Colorado. Many are novice drivers.
Slow to load
Even with new updates, there is quite the delay between launching the app and being able to view the map.
Original review from July 4, 2018: It is slow to load the road data (I’m on a iPhone 7s and a fast WiFi connection) and it takes me to a menu first rather than just showing me the map.
Needs a fix
Loved the app when it worked, but now it crashes as soon as I open it, while its updating the server data. I use iPhone 6. Hoping for a fix!
- Wyoming Department of Transportation
- 50.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Wyoming Department of Transportation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.