Scenic Motorcycle Touring
By Applified Life Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Why spend hundreds of dollars on an extra device while your phone can do the same and more? Find, Create, Import and Navigate great Roads and track your Touring Adventures. Although Scenic is designed for the motorcycle it's used by many old-timer and convertible drivers as well. It's basically for anyone with a motorised vehicle who enjoys a day (or longer) of touring.
Scenic offers many many options to plan your tours: (1) Select a location and be navigate there along curvy roads. (2) Create a route yourself by dropping up to 200 via points with fast, short or curvy roads to get from one point to the next. (3) Import routes through many ways and many sources. For example: Scenic integrates with the Furkot, RouteYou and Kurviger.de online routeplanners and the Scenic WebApp makes it easy to import GPS files (GPX, KML, KMZ, GDB, ITN) and Google (My) Maps URLs. Simply drag and drop GPS files and copy/paste Google Maps URL's in the WebApp and the route will be waiting for you in Scenic on your phone. (4) As the only app of it's kind Scenic can make nearly every imported route navigable, even if it has thousands of points. (5) If you don't feel like creating or importing your own routes, you can choose from the many thousands of routes shared, rated and reviewed by fellow Scenic users.
Of course Scenic wouldn't be a good alternative to Motorcycle GPS units if it didn't offer navigation. The navigation screen has been especially designed for use on the motorcycle, with large fonts, a clear route line and a screen layout that enables you to see next turns in a quick glance. And of course Scenic also gives voice instructions (in 21 languages). Next to that Scenic has special features to guide you to the start point of a route and skip via points if you take a (deliberate or accidental) detour.
Scenic's tracking feature allows you to save your touring adventures for ever. With every ride you take, wether you're navigating a route or not, your ride is tracked. Scenic records your speed, the roads you took and the pictures taken along the way. Every trip you ever took can be shared on social media, exported to GPX files and even turned into a navigable route so you can ride it again.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Scenic has an optional Premium Subscription that gives you access to Premium Features (Voice Guidance, Route Import & Route & Trip export). If you choose to purchase Scenic Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for premium subscription is $10.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
What's New in Version 1.60
Minor Bugfixes & Stability Improvements
Recently downloaded this for a motorcycle scavenger hunt. I ride an 08 wing with a navi. Of course I can not do much with it. I used it to get to the first point. After that I loaded waypoints to Scenic and just selected the next waypoint.
Really enjoy the app being able to record route and navigate a download route and even capture pictures along the way.
Keep up the good work.
I plan and lead group rides. I love using Scenic.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 1.60
- Size: 169 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Applified Life Inc.
- © 2017 Applified Life Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Forever$49.99
- package of 10 Credits$4.99
- package of 5 Credits$2.99
- package of 50 Credits$19.99
- package of 25 credits$10.99
- 1 Credit$0.99