By Niantic, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. The newest update to Pokémon GO, the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 750 million times and named “Best Mobile Game” by The Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch, introduced a dynamic weather system that recognizes real-world weather, impacting the gameplay experience in a variety of ways, from changing the Pokémon encountered to increasing their effectiveness in combat.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops and Gyms—found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments—to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Compete in epic Gym battles
You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side. As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
Team up to defeat powerful Raid Bosses
A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with up to 20 other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. If you succeed in defeating it in battle, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of December 6, 2017.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5 / 5c / 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.55.1
- 50 additional Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region can be caught.
- Real-world weather conditions are now reflected in Map View, in battle, and when catching Pokémon.
- Added a weather icon that can be tapped to highlight which Pokémon types are more likely to appear in the surrounding area and will be affected by current weather conditions.
- Added the beta feature to create battle parties that allow Trainers to save teams of up to six Pokémon to take into Gym battles and Raid Battles.
- Increased Pokémon Storage maximum to 1,500.
- Updated the battle interface to include a dedicated button for performing a Charged Attack.
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.
MY FAVORITE APP but I would like a few tiny kinks added...
I would like to be able to get my poke balls back after I aim bad and miss the pokemon. First reason, I ALWAYS run low on poke balls REALLY fast and then have to save up a long time before I can actually get a decent amount. Second reason, I don’t live in the city, therefore it is way harder to get supplies. I would love it, if the Pokémon jumped out of the ball or I missed the Pokémon to be able to get my ball back. Bc I’m the series of Pokémon if the Pokémon jumps out or if they miss, they get their ball back. I just think it would be a WAY better help to all of us! And also I would love if if Niantic could come up with some idea in order to be able to get like one or two extra supplies from possibly hatching and eeg or catching a Pokémon. It would be great if you could get some poke balls from that. Or another idea would be to be able to find little treasure boxes in random places on the map. The treasure boxes would hold some basic supplies, and when you find so many boxes you can get an evolution item. Just a thought. Idk probably terrible tho. Thx for your time! 😁
My husband and I have been playing Pokémon go for over a year now. We very much enjoyed the old way of playing. The gym play was challenging and fun, having to level up to put your Pokémon in the gym. The coins we received for being in there was fair; however now, with the new pop ins, it takes the value away from our Pokémon and their star dust power. Also most of the time we are not getting any coins for being in a gym for over 24 hours. The treat process is worthless, becauseo (again) we are not getting coins for our efforts of keeping our Pokémon powered up. It’s confusing to figure out how to earn coins.
We wonder what the point is to take over a gym now, with taking the value away from hour Pokémon characters. (No leveling up)
We love Pokémon go...new Pokémon characters would be nice, but giving value back to our Pokémon would be better. We hope to see improvements to this game. Great innovative idea...We are die hard Pokémon go players! Thank you for making this game!!!!
New update is great but it might as well have totally killed the go plus device
I really like the changes in the new update. The weather pattern thing is great. The button push charge move in gym battles is a huge improvement. The spawn rates have improved. Overall a really great update. However, it has basically killed any usefulness the go plus device had. The catch rate wasn’t great before, but at least it was acceptable for what it was. That definitely changed with the update. With the weather feature causing affected Pokémon to be higher cp the plus is even worse. You just can’t catch an almost maxed out anything with a regular ball. I would suggest what I think would be a fairly easy fix. Maybe have the game automatically start a catch attempt with a suggested ball instead of a regular one every time. Ie... if it pops up and I see the circle yellow I switch to a great ball. Red goes to ultra balls. Have the game/go plus be smart enough to do the same thing. I have huge stockpiles of great and ultra balls so I’d rather the plus use those to improve the catch rate.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 07, 2017
- Version: 1.55.1
- Size: 298 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016-2017 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2017 Pokémon. © 1995-2017 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins$0.99
- 550 PokéCoins$4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins$9.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins$19.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins$39.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins$99.99