All Birds Colombia field guide
By Mullen & Pohland GbR
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** Planning to go bird watching in Colombia? Then this is the app for you. This app fills a gap in the region and is the only serious bird app available for Colombia. It is based on the renowned reference work of the Helm Guide Series "Birds of Northern South America" by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino. The creation of apps from the book is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc. and Sunbird Images. The app contains 5,600 illustrations and more than 4,000 bird songs and calls in total. ***
*** Dutch Birding Journal writes:
"Would I recommend this app to anyone going on a birding trip to Colombia or one of the other countries in Northern South America? For sure! ..., you will be provided with a load of information, a nearly complete set of bird sounds and a few useful tools and features for use in the field for relatively low money." ***
This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our BLUE LABEL series are top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available for a region or taxon. They stand for completeness including even the very rare species and vagrants which have only been recorded once or a few times in a region. Even the rare species are illustrated and described in detail featured with a full species account.
No other bird app for this region offers the following:
- Includes all 1,889 Colombian bird species including all vagrants
- 5,600 illustrations from the Helm Guide Series "Birds of Northern South America"
- Covers all subspecies + geographic, age and sex variations
- 4,054 bird songs and calls
- Most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species images / songs / maps
- Spectrograms of all songs + details where songs were recorded
- Introduction contains hints and links on bird watching in Colombia
- Detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- Create sighting lists on a map via GPS and sort by place, date, group, and name
- Make notes for each bird spotted
- A simple identification key narrows species down
- Sort and display species: A–Z, 6 different languages, taxonomic
Colombia is the “Land of Birds” with vast natural richness and a number of natural superlatives. With its nearly 1,900 species it covers about 20 % of the world's bird species population with 78 endemic species covered in this app.
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Latin
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, tail length etc. leading to the bird searched for plus a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name – the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering.***
"All Birds Colombia" is very well suited for keeping personalised bird watch lists.
The app will continuously be developed further. All updates are free of charge. Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!
Visit our internet support site for more information www.sunbird.tv. We are happy, if you like our app. Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or suggestions or comments at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.9
Thanks for your support! We have further improved the app for you:
- now updated for iOS 11
- fixed a MAJOR bug: after leaving the app now app doesn't jump back to start screen again when reopened!
- minor adjustments
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 31, 2017
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 3.01 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mullen & Pohland GbR
- © Sunbird Images® 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.