Bank fees are not required, so we don’t charge them. We offer a premium, mobile-only Bank Account with:
- Varo Visa® Debit Card with EMV chip you can lock instantly in the app
- NO fee at more than 55,000 Allpoint® ATMs² worldwide
- NO monthly maintenance fee
- NO minimum balance requirement
- NO ACH bank transfer fee
- NO debit card replacement fee
- NO foreign transaction fee
- NO paper check mailing fee
- NO over-the-counter cash withdrawal fee
- Mobile check deposit in the app
- Real-time transaction Alerts to stay on top of daily spending and activity
- Apple Pay™ for quick and easy payments without ever taking out your wallet
- Friendly Customer Service based in Utah and available 7 days a week
Save easy now, breathe easy later with high-yield savings. Your money works hard, but with our automatic savings tools, you don’t have to.
- 1.75% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) from a Varo Savings Account³
- NO minimum balance required to open and NO fees
- Funds are FDIC insured to at least $250,000 through The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC
- Automatic tools, like Save Your Pay and Save Your Change, that let you save without thinking
Smart choices are good choices, and we’re making them easy. See the complete picture of all your accounts with our smart money management tools.
- Link all your checking, savings, loans, and credit cards
- Use Forecast to see your leftover money after paying the bills
- Get a summary of your current cash balances and a 30-day view of your cash flow health
- Get personalized recommendations for smart things to do with your money
We’re serious about your security.
- Protecting your money and data with bank-level security is critical for us, and we’ll never compromise
- Varo account deposits are insured up to at least $250,000 through The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC
- Instantly lock and unlock your card in the app whenever you need
- Stay protected from fraud with Visa Zero Liability⁴
- Your data is protected through advanced 256-bit AES level encryption, access control, secure processes, and audits
¹Bank Account Services provided by The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. The Varo Visa® Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
²Varo does not charge fees for ATM withdrawals, but some ATM operators will if you’re not in their network. To avoid ATM fees altogether, use an Allpoint Network ATM. There are more than 55,000 locations worldwide.
³Varo Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of November 13, 2018. This rate is variable and may change. No minimum balance required to open account. Balance in Savings must be at least $0.01 to earn interest.
⁴You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.
Faster access to funds is based on comparison of traditional banking policies and deposit of paper checks from employers and government agencies versus deposits made electronically. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds is subject to payer’s support of the feature and timing of payer’s funding.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
We continue to make bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
I wouldn’t had even put one star because they definitely don’t deserve it. At first I felt lucky to have an account with them. Everything was very easy and simple. Until I fell on hard times. Now I’m in and out of shelters with my 3 year old and someone from a shelter picked up my old card and ran it for the $200 my grandma sent to me to get food and clothes for my child. I called and filled the dispute on Nov 21. They then told me that it would take 10 business days to get a provisional credit. I waited, today I call and was told that the final decision on the account was since there was no pin put in incorrect that it’s not counted as fraud. We’ve been without food and clothes for weeks but I still waited patently to get this news and the representative I was speaking with was so rude. After every word I was trying to say help kept asking me if there’s anything else I needed from him to get me off the phone. Spoke with a supervisor and she requested I go request surveillance other than that there’s nothing else I can do. I wouldn’t recommend this online bank to anyone. For all of this I could’ve went with Bank of America.
App has so many issues
My linked accounts never stay linked and I can’t even link half of the accounts I have. Takes forever to refresh. Please, Varo, fix the linking issue!!
- Varo Money, Inc.
- 263.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Varo Money, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.