Fee free is the only way to bank: welcome to Varo.
Switch to Varo, a premium mobile Bank Account¹ with none of the costs.
- 1.75% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Varo Savings Account²
- Great customer service, 7 days a week
- No minimum balance requirements
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Free ATM withdrawals at over 55,000 locations³
- Free foreign transactions
- Free ACH bank transfers
- Free paper check mailing for Bill Pay
- Free over-the-counter cash withdrawals
- Varo Visa® Debit Card with EMV chip (and replacements)
- Automatic savings with Save Your Pay and Save Your Change features when you open a Varo Savings Account
- In-app budgeting tools
- Transaction Alerts to stay on top of daily spending and activity
Your full financial picture
- See all your accounts in one place
- Link all of your checking, savings, loans, and credit cards
- See your leftover money after bills and expenses in one glance
- Summary of your current cash balances
- 30-day view of your cash flow health
- Income and upcoming bill predictions
- Personalized recommendations
- When you keep your money with Varo, we take our responsibility to protect it seriously. We protect your data with bank-level security
- Varo account deposits are insured to at least $250,000 through The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC
- Fraud protection through the Visa Zero Liability Policy⁴
- Your data is protected through advanced 256-bit AES level encryption, access control, secure processes, and audits
¹Bank Account Services provided by The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. The Varo Visa® Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
²There is no minimum required to open a Varo Savings Account. Varo APY is accurate as of 10.01.2018. Keep in mind, this rate is variable and may change. APYs for other banks reflect the top 5 national banks provided by mybanktracker.com and are accurate as of 05.14.2018. The balance in Savings must be at least $0.01 to earn interest.
³Varo charges $0 fees for ATM withdrawals, but some ATM operators will since you’re not in their network. To avoid ATM fees altogether, use an Allpoint Network ATM. There are more than 55,000 locations worldwide.
⁴You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.
Oh, continuing to make bug fixes and app improvements. Anything new with you?
Ratings and Reviews
Loving my account, but one dislike...
I am very happy with 99% of Varo, from account to Customer service, but my one dislike is that when I open the app, I find it so confusing seeing all of my linked accounts, and needing to really double check how much money is actually in my Varo account and not a total amount between all of my banks... I kind of primarily open the Varo app to double check my Varo balance prior to using my Varo card, and certainly can’t make any purchases using the amount available between each of my linked accounts, so I personally feel like that feature should be set further in the background and not the main attraction when you open the app. I absolutely do like having the ability to see everything together at a glance, but I truly hate it being so difficult to zone in on the Varo account, which is the major reason why you would open the app instead of opening the app for your other accounts, no?? It would be nice if maybe you could be able to customize your home screen to focus on what’s most important to each person.... Not a big enough reason to make me dislike the bank account, but just something that irks me about the app itself...
CONVENIENT, BUT STILL NEEDS A TON OF WORK!!!
I just so happened to find Varo in app store & tried it out. After my acct was open & I received my card, I quickly realized just how difficult it is to get money into the darn account other than Direct Deposit! The most frustrating part is that you can link your other bank accts to Varo acct (AWESOME RIGHT??!! WRONG!!!) It's almost IMPOSSIBLE!!! They put you through 10 steps that you have to keep watching or coming back to, but don't wait too long because then you have to start all over!!! VERYYYYYY hard to tell what company to select because they have too many options for each Bank!! EX: Capital One, my credit card acct SHOULD EASILY CONNECT through the "Capital One Credit Cards" option, you'd think that's simple enough to assume it's correct...??!! Right??? NOPE!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! No matter how many times I tried to get it connected, no matter how many different Capital One options I tried to look it through... IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!!!!! I went through TWO days worth of trying LITERALLY, just to get my Bank Of America checking acct linked!!! It's ssooooo frustrating!! They absolutely NEED to make their app/website options EASIER AND PEOPLE FRIENDLY... If they can do that, I'm sure Varo will be around for a long time!!!
PS: and get a better Customer Service department!
We're sorry to hear about your experience linking your bank accounts. We continue to work on improvements to the linking process, making connections easier and more reliable. If you send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org we can certainly help troubleshoot your accounts connections.
Might as well go to a regular bank
I was very excited about Varo an how it was completely online until I really needed to use it and was left stranded for a whole weekend. I tried to give Varo a try by depositing my check online and I did it about 2-3 hrs before the cut off time and I was left broke and stranded because I had no money the whole weekend. Before I even made the decision I tried to search how long it would take for the check to deposit but I got no straight forward answers until you go look at all the legal papers. Then I was misinformed that my funds would be available that Friday by a call center agent and then told something completely different by another call center agent. With all these hoops you have to jump through you might as well get a regular bank account. Plus you have to pay to load cash so why not pay to get a bank account that can accept my checks, answer my questions, and load cash free of charge. And the call center doesn't open till 8am PT which is 11am ET so I'm currently sitting here at 8:26am ET with no money in my account and I have to wait till 11 to even ask a question. I'm also confused why I can't access my funds after I've waited all weekend, Varo is just not up to the level of a regular bank, it's more like a psofisticated pre paid card. I will never use Varo again, and I will not recommend to anyone else.
Hi Steve - I'm sorry to hear about your experience depositing a check. I have reached out to you directly to get this issue resolved. We take great pride in offering our customers the best banking experience without any fees. We listen to our customers, and we're constantly improving the service accordingly. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make this right for you.
- Varo Money, Inc.
- 263.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Varo Money, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.