SmartMusic is interactive music learning software that can dramatically improve students’ skills by transforming the way they practice and learn. This is the app for use with music classrooms using the new web-based version of SmartMusic.
With SmartMusic, music educators can assign their students inspiring music from the world’s most respected publishers.
As students perform along with the music on-screen, they hear their part in context with professional accompaniment. They receive immediate feedback on what they perform (both in terms of rhythm and pitch) and a performance score. Students can hear and see what needs improvement, and are motivated to do better before submitting their best performance for assessment and guidance by their teacher.
What can students do with SmartMusic?
• Open sheet music on screen for 23,000+ solo and ensemble titles, including repertoire for brass, percussion, strings, woodwinds and voice with accompaniment
• Play along with inspiring accompaniments with professional audio tracks
• Record and listen to your performances
• See your successes and areas for improvement, and loop difficult passages
• If used in an educational setting, students can receive, review, and submit SmartMusic-created assignments
What can music educators do with SmartMusic?
• Create and send assignments to their students
• Hear student recordings
• Document student progress in the gradebook
• Choose from 100+ popular methods for band, jazz band, orchestra, voice, and general education
• Select music for your program from 5,000+ ensemble titles, by top composers from Gordon Goodwin and Frank Ticheli to Sandra Dackow and Z. Randall Stroope
• Access 18,500+ solo titles from respected publishers including Alfred, Hal Leonard, Kjos, Manhattan Beach, and many more
Full repertoire access requires a SmartMusic account with access to a valid subscription.
Download the SmartMusic app today and change the way music is taught and practiced.
Fixed an issue that could crash the application.
Ratings and Reviews
The worst application I've ever had
Last year, the original smart music never gave me any issues. Since I've gotten the new smart music, it has forced my band directors to waste their time splitting parts which the old smart music did automatically, it has added more stress to my friend's life, and it has actually made me cry now because it hasn't really worked on my computer for a while now. On the old smart music, the recordings sounded ok and the accompaniment would not interfere with your playing. Now, I'm getting marked off when I'm playing the correct note because of the accompaniment and the recording leaves a lot to be desired. Smart Music should make me sound as good as I am capable of playing, not worse. In my opinion, it is better to listen first hand to your students play than to get this app.
I am a teacher using the New SmartMusic for the first time. I love that there is an iPad app, though it has a few bugs. The app alerts me that I am not using Chrome every time I navigate to a new screen. Also, in the grade book view the student names and their grades do not line up. I click an assignment next to "Billy" and end up listening to a recording by "Sally." I hope there is a fix soon, though it looks like this version has been out since February without an update. Maybe it would be easier to make the program work on Chrome on an iPad?
Good stuff and not so good stuff
Absolutely wonderful to have access to thousands of pieces with accompaniment. Great that you can choose to hear your part or not. However, the assessment section is frustrating, it always seems to show that the response is late even though it is on the beat and tuning shows poor tuning much too often. It is great to be exact, but the assessment needs assessment.
- MakeMusic, Inc.
- 6.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 MakeMusic, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.