By Appsolute Games LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
***** #1 Puzzle Game in over 20 Countries! *****
***** This quirky puzzle game bends the limits of space and reality to make you create structures that, in theory, should be impossible to replicate. - Pocket Gamer 8/10 *****
kubic is a unique optical illusion puzzle game based on M.C. Escher's art, impossible objects and other geometric designs. The object is to construct the goal configuration from a number of pieces.
Presented in a simple, clean design and minimalistic art, kubic is a premium game with over 60 escher-esque puzzles.
When you click on a piece, it pops to the front-most layer, and may overlap other pieces. When you combine the pieces, they do not merge. If there are extra pieces, you may hide them behind the others. If you are stuck on a puzzle you can simply skip it and re-visit at a later time. Rest assured, all puzzles can be solved but beware, some puzzles are hard! Just take your time...
If you truly get stuck, there is a in-game hint system. You can use it to get started or even get the whole puzzle solved.
Tip: It helps to plan ahead and build figures from back to front.
Levels divided in 6 groups:
• Ocean (Blue) - "2D" Shapes are basically two-dimensional arrangements.
• Desert (Orange) - "3D" Shapes appear to be three-dimensional, but remember to think in two dimensions.
• Mountain (Purple) - "Convex/Concave" These optical illusions are inspired by Escher's famous "Convex and Concave" lithograph.
• Sky (Green) - "Up/Down" These optical illusions are inspired by the Penrose Triangle featured in Escher's lithograph "Waterfall”.
• Escher (Mixed) - Based on letter designs that spell out MC ESCHER.
• Print - Based on the printable magazine version of Convex-Concave puzzles.
Kubic is localized and supports 12 languages including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish
Game supports iCloud for progress syncing between devices.
Convex Concave puzzles from the Heaven and Earth game are included with permission. The puzzles were designed by Scott Kim, Puzzlemaster (scottkim.com), and the Heaven & Earth team.
What's New in Version 2.1
◉ New feature: zoom & drag. Use two finger pinch to zoom in and out and touch an empty area and drag the play area for finer placements.
◉ iPhone X support
◉ Reduced file size
One of the best puzzle games I’ve tried
There are many puzzle games in the App Store this one continually surprises may in it elegant yet complex puzzles. Due to perspective it is possible to layer puzzle pieces by tapping on them. This provide an optical illusion effect needed to achieve the correct answer
Fun, wish there were more puzzles
This was fun and some of the puzzles were challenging. It’s interesting to mix 2D and 3D thinking to solve the puzzles. Wish there were more puzzles. There are hints if you want them but that ruins the challenge for me personally.
Should be better
A decent enough idea for a game, hampered badly by both a clumsy and unwieldy user interface, and a "hint" system which is all but useless.
Probably worth revisiting in a future version, but this one is more frustrating than it is worth.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 24, 2017
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 254 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Appsolute Games LLC
- © Appsolute Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 10 Hints$0.99
- 100 Hints$4.99
- 25 Hints$1.99
- 50 Hints$2.99