Vet Calculations App is a practical and simple tool useful for managing your everyday clinical cases such as severe anemia, coagulopathy, parvoviral infection or dehydration due to hepatic lipidosis. It was designed to help with fluid and blood products calculations by making them simple, quick and easy.
This calculator might be especially valuable for veterinary students and new graduate veterinarians who enter the busy and sometimes overwhelming and stressful field of small animal general and critical care practice or shelter settings.
Vet Calculations App is conveniently divided into Dog and Cat calculators. The design helps you easily distinguish between the both of them.
The calculator itself consists of 4 parts:
1. Fluid Therapy (based on estimated dehydration, maintenance requirements and ongoing losses).
2. Whole Blood and pRBCs transfusions.
3. Plasma for Albumin Deficit (can be used for albumin replacement and oncotic pressure support).
4. Fresh and Fresh Frozen Plasma (can be used to replenish coagulation factors or for other purposes).
Each part is assigned an individual color in order to avoid confusion.
Vet Calculations App possesses some very unique and valuable features. It will let you
- Create and save the log for your patient.
- Review and update your patient’s calculations later if needed.
- Keep all your patients’ data.
- Search your patient by name.
- Automatically convert pounds to kilograms for correct calculations.
- Email the results and updates in order to print them out for medical records or your personal use, or simply for storage.
- Choose the patient's age, gender, and also add an image to their profile
- Review some general information and formulas used for calculations by pressing the Info button.
This app was created with the hope to provide practical, quick and reliable help to veterinary professionals in fast-paced environments where there is often no time for manual calculations and searching through multiple books or more complex apps.
Programmed and designed by George Berdovskiy and Aleksandr Berdovskiy.
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor layout fixes
- Aleksandr Berdovskiy
- 17.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Aleksandr Berdovskiy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.