The ADS-B Status Tool is a simple utility application for use with the “XGPS190 GPS + ADS-B Weather and Traffic Receiver with AHRS” and "The XGPS170(D) GPS + ADS-B Weather & Traffic Receiver" from Dual Electronics Corp.
This app shows detailed information from the XGPS170(D) and XGPS190 including:
- confirmation that the receiver is connected and communicating with your iOS device
- whether or not the device is actively receiving an ADS-B signal
- what kind of ADS-B information is being received
- the number of GPS satellites in view and their signal strength
- your location, or whether the receiver is still waiting for satellite information
- the battery level
- the charging status
Installation of this app is optional. The XGPS does not require this app to be installed on your iPhone/iPad in order to work.
1) This app is not designed to replace the EFB app on your iPhone/iPad.
2) The information provided by this app if for reference only, and should not be used for making critical flight decisions.
- Compatible with iPhone/iPad
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- For use only with the XGPS170 / XGPS170D / XGPS190 receiver from Dual Electronics Corp.
Support e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dual ADS-B Receiver web site: http://gps.dualav.com
- support the Image Invert for xhud 1000
Ratings and Reviews
Displays wrong altitude both on app and on FlyQ. Example in the app it says the altitude is 738.2ft. The XGPS190 on FlyQ shows the altitude as 225 ft. When the actual altitude is 2,250 ft (which is displayed correctly on FlyQ when I turn the XGPS190 off).
Good so far
I just tried the new UNIVERSAL app, Version 1.7.0 (36). It does allow me to control the lights on the XGPS170 (without the D) using my iPad Pro. Then I installed the Universal app on my iPhone 6sPlus, EUREKA!!! THAT WORK TOO.
However on BOTH the iPad and iPhone, on the “setup” tab under where the LED brightness is selected, if the “check update” feature for the XGPS170 firmware is supposed to work, it doesn’t. It is grayed out. You don’t really need this update feature to update the firmware on the XGPS170/170D/190, there is another method that uses a USB cable, and an available download for each of the specific models, from the DualAV website onto to a PC or Mac.
(On edit: Tech support indicates that this button is grayed out because there is no update to my version of the firmware. If there was an update available, then the button would NOT be grayed out. Apparently the APP checks automatically for updates, so maybe the “Check update” better be labeled “Install Update” instead.)
Other than that, all is good as far as I can tell.
Thank you for your review.
This app support firmware updating through the network for The 170D and 190 (except XGPS170).
It checks whether it has a new version or not in the server first then start to update to latest version.
The gray button of 'check update' means XGPS170 is not work this job. Sorry for your inconvenience.
- Dual Electronics Corp.
- 21.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright ©2018 Dual Electronics Corp. All rights reserved worldwide.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.