Microsoft Pix Camera
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Microsoft Pix named one of the 50 Best Apps of the Year – Time Magazine
“Microsoft might have just made the best and easiest camera app for the iPhone and iPad.” – Napier Lopez, The Next Web
“I found that Microsoft Pix produces photos that are plain old better in some cases…” – Jordan Novet, VentureBeat
Take better photos without extra effort! Microsoft Pix has serious intelligence behind the lens, so it is a bit like having a pro photographer inside your camera – tweaking settings, selecting the best shots, and enhancing them on the fly – to help people and scenes look their best. It’s designed to help take the guesswork out of getting great photos, so now you can just enjoy the moment, instead of struggling to capture it! Microsoft Pix: Point. Shoot. Perfect.
Top 10 Features
• Smart settings – Automatically checks scene and lighting between each shutter tap, and updates settings between each shot.
• Face recognition – People are the most important photo subjects, so when it detects a face in the shot, it automatically optimizes settings to help people look their best.
• Moment capture - Captures a burst of frames every time you tap the shutter button, including frames before and after your tap, so you won’t miss the right moment.
• Best Image(s) - Automatically selects up to 3 of the best and most unique shots from the burst, and immediately deletes the rest, so you don’t waste your phone’s storage or your time comparing and storing similar frames.
• Image quality – Uses discarded burst frames to enhance each Best Image, improving exposure and color, and reducing noise and blur.
• Live Image – Automatically creates a short, looping video, by stitching together the frames from the burst into a Live Image, but ONLY when it senses motion in your shot, so it won’t waste a ton of your phone’s memory.
• Hyperlapse – Videos shot with Microsoft Pix are automatically stabilized for smoother playback, and can be time lapsed and saved at many different speeds.
• Auto-sync - Seamlessly syncs to your camera roll, so you don't have to individually import or save your photos and videos to your camera roll.
• Easy sharing - Uses iOS sharing, so you can seamlessly share to the apps already installed on your phone.
• Widgets and 3D Touch – Where available, 3D touch and Today and Lock screen widgets are enabled, so you can jump directly into photo capture, selfie capture, video capture or gallery.
What's New in Version 1.0.24
Happy Holidays from Microsoft Pix Team!
* FIX: Fix crash when using timer to capture with iPad
* FIX: Reliability fixes
NEW: Holiday and seasonal frames to dress up your photos and Live Images.
NEW: Timer for creative selfies and group shots, so it’s even easier for you to get the shots you want.
NEW: Optional grid overlay to help you compose your shots. Turn the grid on or off in Settings -> Microsoft Pix -> Grid.
NEW: Swipe to switch between camera and video recording modes in viewfinder.
Get this. Install it. Bet you don't delete it.
This is so good I just asked two friends for their phones and to put their finger on the button when necessary. Then I asked them to snap some pictures and see what they think. They loved it! And so do I. This app creates better pictures out of what you snap. Faces come out perfect. Acne and red-eye are gone. It can be subtle: this does not add gimmicks to your photos. It improves the lighting, the faces, the shadows and the composition by blending together the best of several milliseconds of exposure. Faces, food, pets and open scenery benefit the most. On my phone I set it to be the default camera. So ... install it - and I bet you keep on using.
Has been updated for 7 plus!?
I started using this app on an iPhone 6s. It blows away the stock camera app and I was almost always satisfied with the pictures. I would often do side by side tests of Pix and the stock Apple camera app and was always satisfied with the results.
I'll update my review once the app has been updated, hopefully to take advantage of the 7 plus. As of the latest version ... I'm happy with the results and will go back to this app as my default camera app for hitting the action shots with the family!
Disclaimer: I also work for Microsoft, but not on this project.
Great concept.. but...
Great concept.. but... it's missing a few key features before you can even think of using this to replace the IOS camera app, most importantly no access to turning flash on/off is crazy and a huge oversight - also as Snapchat have shown, using the screen flash for the front flash works very well. Many updates needed to be even on a starting level with many of the apps that already exist, I believe once the minimum features are in place this could be a great contender
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 21, 2016
- Version: 1.0.24
- Size: 211 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).