VesselView Mobile provides Mercury Marine SmartCraft® engine owners with the ability to view live engine data, monitor fuel usage, obtain detailed descriptions when a fault occurs and receive maintenance alerts when due. The full functionality of the app is available when used in conjunction with the Bluetooth Low Energy VesselView Mobile module. This app collects and shares your precise geolocation. When the app is open and connected to your vessel it requires a continuous connection and therefore may impact the battery life of your device. Without the module, users still have access to a speedometer tool, a map with POIs, the ability to capture moments with the location tagged, plus other useful features. Mercury Marine’s VesselView Mobile app also provides users with a Web-based account.
• View live SmartCraft® engine data : RPM, Battery Voltage, Engine Temperature, Engine Hours, Oil Temperature, Oil Pressure, Coolant Temperature, Sea Temperature and more!
• Speed is determined from your device
• Your Top Speed is captured so you can share with friends
• Holeshot. A racing game that uses your device's GPS to see how soon you can get to 20mph
• Enter fuel on-board and the app tracks fuel usage
• Average speed and fuel economy is calculated and used to estimate Distance to Empty and Time to Empty
• Receive active fault alerts and corresponding descriptive fault information
• Enter Maintenance records and get appropriate reminders in the future
• See your location on a map with nearby Points of Interest
• Capture Moments such as pictures or fish caught with a location tag
• Use the timeline to review Moments or Maintenance
• Weather and wind conditions updated periodically
• Communicate wirelessly to your SmartCraft® engine through a Bluetooth Low Energy connection
• Allows for normal phone operation – call, text, streaming music, search the web, etc. while connected to your Mercury Marine SmartCraft® engine
************ IMPORTANT INFORMATION *************************
• Mercury Marine’s VesselView Mobile app is free to install. The VesselView Mobile module can be purchased through Mercury Marine dealers or through a link inside the app.
• The VesselView Mobile module works with SmartCraft® capable engines built since 2003 (40HP and up). One to four engines can be viewed simultaneously.
• The VesselView Mobile module simply connects to a SmartCraft® connector located either at the helm or on the engine.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Multi-engine total fuel flow and engine hours can now be added to custom data screens
• Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Would be five stars if...
Works ok. As others have said, landscape is a must. It’s hard to believe that over 2 years into this and you haven’t got that figured out.
Also the remaining fuel on board needs to be broken down it tenths. When I (and I’m sure others) add fuel, it’s not always exactly whole gallons. If I go to add fuel to the remaining total, I can only add whole gallons. This seems to be an easy fix and I can’t believe someone hasn’t brought this up yet.
Thanks for the feedback. We are working on including landscape support in a future update.
Nice to have
While this a good app there are some things to make it great needed. It really needs troll control, that is must have when you are trolling in a windy place like Colorado mountain lakes. The other is auto roll so the display can be rotated for easy viewing when on the boat dash. Other than these two things, I can live with this. It’s nice to know when to change oil, and the other info. Then I would give it a true 5 stars.
Thank you for the feedback. We are working on including a landscape view in a future update. Glad to see you are enjoying VesselView Mobile.
Piece of mind
I bought the VVM for my new boat mainly for maintenance and early notifications of engine faults. If there is one thing I would like to have it do is store more data for use in offline mode. I would like to know the actual engine hours without having to connect for live data. Seems like this would be a simple addition. Unless I missed it somewhere.
Thanks for your feedback on VesselView Mobile. You can view the last known engine hours on the top of the Maintenance screen when not connected to the module. We plan on making more data available while offline in a future update.
- Mercury Marine
- 94.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Mercury Marine. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.