HeavySet is a gym log / workout tracker for weightlifting, bodybuilding and strength training. It's clean and simple interface makes tracking workouts super easy and efficient. HeavySet is a relatively new gym log, but has already become one of the top workout tracker apps available.
REAL USER REVIEWS:
“It’s the best app for seriously tracking training I’ve ever seen.”
“The auto population of weight and reps based on the previous set is a welcome feature”
“Exceptional simple and easy to use. Whilst being very powerful. Couldn't recommend it enough.”
“I would recommend any weightlifter to get this app.”
“I’ve tried out Strong, Fitbod, and Stacked. Heavyset is far better than all of them.”
“This one is the best! Practical, simple and you can focus on the workout itself instead of fussing about the app!”
IMPROVE YOUR LOGGING WITH:
- Clean UI
- Simplified logging
- Predictive smart values
- Automatic exercise advancing (including super sets)
- Skip or replace exercises
- Tempo timer
- Plate calculator
- Estimated 1rm and volume graphs
- Exercise history
- Record rep max history
- Automatic rest interval timer
- Visual rest timer
- Add notes to sets
- Rate sets with RPE
- Training max / intensity calculation
- Mixed unit logging
- Personal record alerts
BUILD ROUTINES INCLUDING:
- Min / max sets
- Min / max reps
- AMRAP sets
- Supersets / giant sets
- And share your routines with friends
FEEL SECURE WITH DATA FEATURES INCLUDING:
- Automatic backup to iCloud
- Export to CSV
- Import (possibly) any CSV format.
HeavySet is a free download but you will need to make an in-app purchase upgrade to get access to unlimited use. As a non-paying user you will be offered a two week unlimited free trial. After which the app will revert to a restriction of two workouts per week.
The screenshots represent the app after the intermediate user level has been purchased.
To keep the HeavySet logger screen uncluttered, a number of gestures can be performed to reveal additional data or perform functions. These are:
- Swipe up on the exercise history graph to reveal previous workout sets for this exercise.
- Scrub the exercise graph to jump to that workout.
- Swipe up from the timer to reveal preset timer values and timer modifiers.
- When the exercise history is open, scrolling to the right will reveal current personal records for the exercise. Scrolling to the left will reveal the timer modifiers.
- A long tap on the Log Set button will jump to the sets editor where you can make notes and log RPE for the set.
- A long tap on the tempo timer icon will take you to the tempo timer settings.
- Enable Apple Health to sync your body weight with your workouts for additional statistics as well as sharing your workout data with Apple Health.
- Fixed issue where upgrade screen doesn't finish loading products.
If you have a moment, please consider leaving a review explaining why you like HeavySet.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome workout Log!
If you’re looking for a way to log your workouts for tracking and planning purposes, don’t look any further! Amazing... make sure to watch the video tutorials under the support tab. This will help understand how to use the app. It’s pretty involved and thorough and takes a little practice to master. But after setting up a few workouts, it’s very user friendly. Mid workout, you’ll be able to see past workout data for an exercise quickly and easily. You’ll be able to identify maximum reps for different weights used. You can setup supersets, giant sets, and more. Fantastic! A nice touch is the ability to also track your rest times, to ensure you at following correct rest periods, as well as monitor your tempo during an exercise.
I’ve come to love the app
HeavySet has become my go to app to log my workouts. I used to use Strong and tried out a few other apps, but since HeavySet was released, it’s the only app I’ve used to track my workouts. The UI is intuitive and organizing workouts is a breeze. The recent updates have only made it more compete with the addition of a plate calculator, which was the only thing it was really missing compared to the other apps. Minimal and beautiful, I enjoy using HeavySet during my workouts as much as I enjoy working out itself! Plus, for $5 to unlock all the apps features, it’s one of the cheaper, if not cheapest, paid apps with which to log workouts.
I love this app and it’s flexibility but I have few minor suggestions that I think would make the app more functional. I wish you could be able to pin or place an exercise at the top of the progress section so I don’t have to scroll through all of the exercises to find one I am focused on. Also I wish it was easier to change mistakes when I accidentally log the wrong info instead of having to go through several screens to Change a number. Also I think it should be easier to write a note on the log screen like up weight or tough reps.
On the whole this is a great app and would recommend to anyone.
- Runloop Ltd
- 26 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Runloop Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Intermediate $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.