Wifi Widget - See, Test, and Share Wi-Fi
By Puppy Ventures LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"No More Wi-Fi Headaches"
Save time and frustration with the fastest way to see, test, and share your wi-fi, without even unlocking your iPhone.
MACSTORIES ***** "Why hasn’t this been done before?"
LIFEHACKER ***** "Wi-Fi Widget does what it’s supposed to do well."
APPADVICE ***** "A great tool for any iOS users... easily worth the price.”
- SEE YOUR WI-FI - (FREE)
"No more waiting around for a page to load, then seeing a minute later that I'm on some random router named 'NETGEAR' with no internet. "
- R. Dewan
- SHARE PASSWORD - (FREE)
"A single tap to share my wifi network and password with a colleague visiting my home. From the lock screen!"
- M. Fernandez
- SWITCH NETWORKS - (FREE)
"To switch from my living room wifi to my bedroom wifi, I just tap the widget and it takes me directly to Wi-Fi Settings."
- S. Wong
- SPEED+LATENCY TEST - (PRO VERSION)
"How fast is my wifi? I get it by tapping the widget to get results in megabytes per second. It couldn't be easier."
- D. Garg
- SECURE AND PRIVATE - (FREE)
Wi-Fi passwords are synced securely and privately through iCloud Keychain, so only you have access.
- 3D TOUCH - (FREE)
Put Wi-Fi Widget on your home screen for even faster access to your wi-fi summary and password sharing.
Since Wi-Fi Widget is accessible even from the lock screen, it's the fastest possible way to see, test, and share your wifi.
A few scenarios with and without Wi-Fi Widget:
1) "Why Google is taking so long to load??"
- WITHOUT: You seethe with anger and wonder how long you should wait until you throw your phone against the wall.
- WITH: Swipe down to Today and Wi-Fi Widget shows you you’re connected to some random router named “NETGEAR” with no internet.
2) Your friend comes over and asks, “what’s the wi-fi here?”.
- WITHOUT: Find that scrap of paper somewhere with the 20 character long random string, dictate it multiple times to your friend and screwing up because “sorry, M, not N… and it’s all capitalized… wait start over… okay never mind I don’t really need the internet here."
- WITH: Swipe right from the lock screen and tap “Share” on Wi-Fi Widget.
3) You’re wondering “is it just my crappy Comcast cable, or is this site actually down?”
- WITHOUT: You’re like, “ARGH, NEVER AGAIN, COMCAST…"
- WITH: Swipe down to Today, tap Wi-Fi Widget. It immediately tells you either how quickly your connection can ping the internet, or “ERROR: Couldn't reach internet.”
Why fight your wi-fi? Get the widget that saves you time and frustration.
Talk to us:
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- NEW FEATURE: See and share a list of all saved Wi-Fi networks
- ENHANCEMENT: Better text legibility on widget
- ENHANCEMENT: Landscape mode for iPad and iPad Pro
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved onboarding and instructions
- FIX: Localization fixes and updates
Useful but could be better
The widget is a quick way to see what network you're on and it worked so well I chose to purchase the pro upgrade to get the testing abilities. This is a little inconvenient to use because it only provides either latency or speed from the widget. In order to get both, you have to open the app and use the menu to select the other test. It would be nice if the test just showed the results of both latency and speed tests simultaneously on the widget.
I frequently switch from one WIFI to another in my work environment and this app helps me to see immediately what WIFI I am on and lets me quickly switch to a better one. I use it on my phone and iPad and they work seamlessly together. It is handy that they "talk" to each other and share information.
Convenient but promotes poor security
Saves you one tap on the settings icon which can be nice. Let's you easily send SSID and password via text or 3rd party email—which you should NEVER do. Just be advised.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 02, 2017
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 24.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Puppy Ventures LLC
- © Puppy Ventures
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Version$4.99