The Phonics Museum will teach your kids to read in record speed.
It's so much fun they'll be begging you to play it in the car, in line at the grocery store, and especially at home when you're busy.
Teaching children to read at a young age is one of the best things parents can do for children’s future academic success, but knowing how or where to start can be overwhelming and often confusing. The Phonics Museum takes the stress and guesswork out of teaching kids to read by doing it for you with fun storytelling combined with a multi-sensory approach kids LOVE!
How do I start?
1. Download the app.
2. Start your 14 Day Free Trial
3. Add your child.
4. Watch your kids become readers!
Every child has a unique learning style. At the Phonics Museum, we recognize this and teach “with the grain,” so whether your child is a hands-on, kinesthetic learner or a visual or auditory learner, the Phonics Museum was built for them and includes over 900 games, videos, interactions, and memory songs to fit all learning styles.
Kids ages 3-7 will be transported into a magical interactive museum as they follow William and Wendy through the reading adventure of a lifetime. Everything comes to life at the Phonics Museum. Letters, sounds, paintings, even Percival the walking, talking suit of armor!
Kids will learn to write long before they’re able to hold a pencil and write by writing with their fingertip--an incredible advantage.
With a membership to Phonics Museum:
- Your children will learn to read and write in no time!
- Engage with over 900 games, videos, early reading books, memory songs, and exercises
- Master the Phonics rules with Miss Biddle, Percival, and other fun characters
- Engaging, interactive learning with live action and animation
- Add up to 3 children per membership
- Explore art, animals, and history as they learn
- Easily cancel anytime
Right now your child can try Phonics Museum FREE for 2 weeks. If you enjoy your trial, you don’t have to do anything at all, and your membership will automatically continue if you choose to remain a member. Membership is $9.99/month, charged to your iTunes account automatically after the free trial period is over. You can cancel anytime.
If you subscribe via iTunes:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account after your 2-week free trial period ends
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Cost of the renewal is US$9.99 per month or US$98.99 annually
- Monthly Membership - unlimited access on any device for $9.99 per month. Add up to 3 children per account. Cancel anytime.
- Annual Membership - unlimited access on any device for $99 per year. Add up to 3 children per account. Cancel anytime.
Based on the award-winning phonics reading curriculum from Veritas Press, the most awarded Classical Education curriculum provider over the last 20 years.
"Guess who just read her first book on your app?!!! Our four-year-old (not even four and a half yet) is reading! Thanks for making such an awesome app!!!"
"My four-year-old loves playing on the app and will beg me each day to let her do lessons on it. Through the fun and engaging atmosphere of the app, she quickly learned the letter sounds and started putting them together to form words. And we only used the app for a month before she read her first book on it! The app has made learning to read fun and enjoyable. We have loved it!"
The squeaky leak in the Phonics Museum's roof is now fixed, along with some login issues that visitors were having.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it for K, wish it went through 1st
Hi! So my daughter went through the entire program and it really DID teach her to read. I supplemented with the physical versions of the books, so she would feel comfortable "picking up a book" as part of the learning to read process. It was engaging and incremental without getting boring. We loved all the characters. There were a few glitches along the way that I hope they've figured out.
My only complaint is that I wish it progressed through the 1st grade. As a busy home educator of 5, I would have loved for my daughter to be able to keep going into all that is covered with the physical version of Phonics museum 1st grade.
Part of our day!
We use Phonics Museum everyday! Such a great intro to phonics for my younger kids and a good review for my older emerging readers. The technical bugs have been dealt with and e are enjoying smooth sailing!! Please add 1st grade level!
So much potential
There really is potential here, but it needs more work. The data is stored server side, but as we progress the app takes up more and more space on our device and we have to delete it and reinstall from the App Store with greater and greater frequency. We are currently 18 letters in on part 1 of 2 for kindergarten. We are using the app in conjunction with the print curriculum, so still making progress but I kind of wish there was a parental way to skip lessons as we sometimes work through a good chunk on paper and it would help if I could progress from where we are rather than having every activity locked. At first my child was excited to do the lessons, but some of the listening ones like the jack in the box or pig laughing are getting old and she has started to refuse to do some specific ones. Also, the pronunciation of the phonic sounds includes a very strong shwa or a vowel, like saying rah for R rather than urh in songs and videos, which the written text instructs to be careful not to include. It’s frustrating to experience the contradiction.
Hi. Thank you for the review. We're currently working on an update/new build to fix the issues that you experienced and plan on having an update released next week. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and bad experience you had. We're hopeful that this new build will reduce the size of the app and make it much more functional.
- Veritas Press, Inc.
- 123.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Veritas Press, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Membership $9.99
- Membership $98.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.