Explore diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract and perform surgical procedures on virtual patients with our newest video game for medical professionals, Gastro Ex.
Our fully-responsive patient anatomy allows you to perform hyper-realistic GI procedures: remove polyps using snares and forceps, treat AVMs and bleeds using APC, perform biopsies, administer injections, and much more.
In Gastro Ex, you can:
- Get scored in real time for accuracy, speed, damage, device competency, and diagnosis skills while performing endoscopic procedures in the app.
- Earn CME credits while playing this first-of-its-kind professional video game for practicing gastroenterologists.
- Earn the highest score and invite colleagues to play our realistic patient cases: Atypical Angioectasias, Surprising Sigmoidoscopy, Polyp Hunt, Lurking Lesion, and more.
- Explore the medical cases that impact millions of adults every year through cutting-edge video game visual effects.
More about Gastro Ex:
Our app provides unprecedented medical realism, enabled by the accurate simulation of human tissue dynamics, realistic scope optics, and moving fluids to recreate life-like endoscopic procedures in the GI tract. Each case is vetted by top gastroenterologists and medical experts with clinical simulation training experience from top hospitals.
Gastro Ex simulates GI tract procedures that millions of adults will have in their lifetime. According to the CDC, adults 50 years and older should get screened for colorectal cancer given the increased risk in this age group. More than 90% of colorectal cancer cases occur in people aged 50 or older, yet only 50% of adults who should have colonoscopies comply with recommended guidelines. The simulations in Gastro Ex make many of these screening procedures, polyp removals, biopsies, and more readily accessible at your fingertips for advanced training.
Find out more at www.gastro-ex.com.
We've made some behind-the-scenes improvements to further enhance your scoping experience while performing procedures on your virtual patients. More updates to come soon!
Share your feedback at email@example.com, and don't forget to review us in the App Store too. For more information, visit us at www.gastro-ex.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Difficulty with Game
I have had trouble playing this game. In just one day of playing it (today), it has overheated so fast that it has literally “fried” one of my phone’s speakers. I have an iPhone 7 and it was purchased less than a year ago. The game play was fun, but the fact that it causes damage to the hardware of my device I will be uninstalling it. I have read other reviews in which people have had similar experiences. In your replies to these people, you said it doesn’t or is not as likely to happen on newer iPhones. You should put a disclaimer in the apps description page stating that this type of hardware damage is possible. Otherwise, people may download this game and destroy their phones.
Cool app but OVERHEATING!!!!
So I downloaded this app and read some reviews saying there was an overheating issue, I of course kept those in mind and hoped severely that it wouldn’t happen to me. Of course, I was wrong. My phone got to the point where it felt like an electric blanket on it’s maximum setting and I hope that nothing was damaged. I quickly deleted the app and thankfully the heat subsided as quickly as it came and so far nothing else has come up. Let me make it clear that I only completed THE FIRST TWO MISSIONS BEFORE THIS ISSUE OCCURRED!!!! Please for the love of god fix this, I have only experienced this app for 3 minutes and I already love it. Very awesome app but horrific optimization.
Wesley, thank you for letting us know. Generally, this should not be an issue for newer devices. We are glad you enjoyed the app otherwise and are actively working to solve this for you and others.
Isn’t working right, but seems cool
I’m not a medical student or anything, I just love learning about stuff and thought this would be cool. Concept seems great, but the screen where it’s supposed to be showing all the details and such in the middle is just black for me. I can’t do anything because I can’t see where anything is inside the “grid” area. Would love to know if it’s just my device or see this bug fixed, but great concept!
Note: I have an iPad Air, game downloaded and runs just fine otherwise, just only shows black within the grid
Rahnestorm, we support the iPad Air so your device should not be the issue here. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can figure out this issue for you.
- Level Ex, Inc.
- 168 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Level Ex, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.