Storm Radar with NOAA Weather
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Weather like you’ve never seen before with the Storm Radar app for iOS! Full screen interactive map with 8 hours of high-resolution past-to-future radar, advanced storm cell tracking, and real-time severe weather alerts allow you to visualize weather heading your way. Whether you want to view current weather conditions or daily and hourly forecasts, they’re all available at a glance on your iPhone or iPad.
• Radar: High resolution weather radar gives you a detailed view of how much rain or snow is in your area, and how storms are moving.
• Global Future Radar: 6 hours of cutting-edge, animated forecasted future radar across land and sea.
• Storm Tracks: See detailed analysis of impending severe weather, including storm arrival time, strength rating, detailed components of the storm (such as wind, hail, lightning, and tornadoes), the speed and direction of the storm, the precipitation rate, storm tracker data, and more.
• Hurricanes and Tropical Storms: See historical and forecasted paths complete with wind speed, strength, arrival times, and the cone of uncertainty.
• Lightning: View 100 miles of lightning around any continental US location.
• Customizable Data Layers: Earthquakes, severe weather alerts, local storm reports, temperature and precipitation overlays, and more.
• Local Storm Reports: Get local radar and severe weather warnings from anywhere in the US and around the globe, including Miami, Orlando, Chicago, Minneapolis, and St Louis.
REAL-TIME WEATHER NOTIFICATIONS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay ahead of the storm with National Weather Service government issued severe weather alerts.
• Rain Alerts: Get notified of incoming rain with real-time rain alerts at your GPS location
• Lightning Alerts: Know when and where lightning strikes near your GPS location with real-time lightning alerts
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
In order to provide personalized local weather data, alerts, and forecasts, The Weather Channel app needs permission to access your location.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Real-time weather notifications are now available to help you prepare for this severe weather season. Get real-time rain alerts, real-time lightning alerts, and severe weather alerts to stay safe and ahead of the storm.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
RADAR LOVE!! (Yes, I AM from the '80's!)
Love this app! The 1st and only app (after trying too many to count!) that ACTUALLY lives up to all the hype... or should I say: You know, it actually does the job it's SUPPOSED to do! (?) LOL
Seriously, you have three types of maps from which to choose, you can choose one of three rates of speed for the animation (slow, normal, or fast), AND as it plays, it has a small graphic in the lower left corner that has a cursor that moves at the same rate of speed & corresponds w/the time of day; you can also pause it at a certain time. I personally love this feature b/c it's MUCH easier for me to tell if will actually be raining or not at a certain time of day where I live; as a rural citizen who spends most of her daylight hours OUTSIDE, this can be a very big deal for me. When I'm able to stop the animation, I can actually see whether or not the rain "mass" is going to reach the 10-15 miles outside of the giant location dot placed on the main city. Also, there are lots of overlays that are very helpful, as well - some, admittedly, I may never actually NEED here in the southern part of the country; however, others may find them very useful, indeed! I personally adore the hurricane feature - WHICH I DO find very useful, unfortunately...
I hope this review, although lengthy, proves helpful!
Outstanding Weather info & App support
This app NAILED IT! The graphical representations for weather forecasts are AWESOME. Past & future radar (6 hrs) seamless & speed adjustable - Awesome. Alerts & other info feature are great too (ex. 24 hour rainfall, lightening strikes, etc) 48 hours for hourly forecasts - easy to plan my days.
Have swapped daily activities based on forecast -Awesome! Great daily summary forecast for future activities... have found The Weather App (IBM) to be reliable. Understanding that ALL weather forecasts are "trends" - especially on the daily forecast beyond 2 days - still helpful to develop plans for future activities & plan alternatives. THE 3 day window shown is AWESOME - really helps for planning. I have used The Weather Channel App for several years and have been seldom disappointed by accuracy - both short & long term forecasts... including out to the next week & beyond.
Especially appreciated are the "Developer Responses" - AWESOME, there are actually live people working on AND interested in LIVE FEEDBACK on their App! You guys have NAILED the interface for a successful App!
Now offers location only when you use app
The app looks great but offers an incredibly flimsy excuse for wanting "always" location services. Their other apps allow "while using the app" access, so they need to have this match Storm.
One star for being a privacy risk until it is fixed.
Update: the location services has been fixed. Thank you devs for listening to feedback! Upgraded to 4 stars.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 14, 2017
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 94.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2017, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.