Shadows Remain is an augmented reality thriller from the creators of Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Follow one mother’s desperate journey as she attempts to rescue her only son from a dark and malevolent force in this twisted, story-driven adventure which is sure to leave the heart racing.
*THIS IS A DEMO APP FROM HALFBRICK STUDIOS. TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT POTENTIAL FUTURE UPDATES TO THIS GAME, PLEASE SIGN UP ON SHADOWSREMAIN.COM*
Boxes fill the hallway. A child’s toys lay scattered across the floor. Chinese takeout litters an otherwise empty benchtop. After an exhausting day of moving, journalist Emma Winters is awoken as the sound of a cell phone echoes throughout her new home. But something is not right.
Who turned on the TV? Is that… music? And what is that god-awful static? Most importantly, where is Alex? As Emma reaches for the television, she has no idea her life is about to change forever… and only you can piece together the story to uncover what happens next.
• Use augmented reality to solve mind-bending puzzles and deceptive optical illusions in a chilling tale spanning several decades.
• Inspect hidden objects and cryptic clues to unravel a disturbing mystery underpinned by jealousy and betrayal. Revisit the past in search of answers.
• Lose yourself in detailed 3D environments which blur the line between cinema, mobile entertainment and AAA gaming.
• Use your device to see behind objects, shift perspective, and reveal that which hides in plain sight. Nothing is as it seems.
WARNING: This game may potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.
View our terms of service at http://halfbrick.com/tos
The game no longer collect user data.
Ratings and Reviews
Demo app that will never be finished
I’m really into AR games right now, and this was one of the big disappointments. The rooms I did play were boring and didn’t keep my attention so I kept closing the game. Ok, I get that it’s a demo app and everything, but why would anyone want to put out something that has no end or resolution to the story? There is a note in the game I’m glad I saw, which states that “the game is on hold for the foreseeable future due to the current state of AR.” The developers must not live in this current world where AR is getting bigger every day. I deleted the app upon reading that, I don’t want to start playing something only to get stuck and realize the game just arbitrarily ends with no real ending. So if you want to play an unfinished demo app only to be disappointed, go ahead. I will be downloading some great finished AR games on the App Store instead.
Wow just wow!!
Possibly one of the best AR games I’ve ever played! Story line was just simply amazing. It took me a good 30ish minutes to beat the game, also games don’t usually scare me, but this was just plain out creepy, so creepy that even my dog was whining to get out of my room! Keep up the good work can not wait to see what’s to come in chapter two! Hopefully in chapter 2 there will be more walking around and not just sitting and or standing in one spot to look around! If the price is reasonable I would not mind paying a little extra to be able to be in a more open real world game!
Great but short
I had a blast playing this game. I love scary stuff and usually things like this don’t scare me but this one was a little creepy. Story line was great, graphics were great, I didn’t have any problems playing as far as glitches or anything. I know chapter 2 is suppose to be coming but when? Only thing I would like to see if the moms voice sound a little more creeped out and I’d like to see more to explore.
- 305.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Halfbrick Studios 2011-2017
- In-App Purchases
- Tip The Developer $0.99
- Tip The Developer $1.99
- Tip The Developer $18.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.