• Add books from your iTunes Library or cloud services like iCloud Drive, Google Drive and Dropbox
• Compatible with Audible and iTunes purchase DRM (via iTunes)
• Polished iOS-style UI, plus Night Mode, landscape and customizable colors
• Track your progress and pick up where you left off
• Powerful playback options: set speed 0.5x–3x and trim silence
• Set sleep timer to a custom time or stop playback at the end of the current chapter
• No ads or locked features
“A Clipper at Sunset, Edward Moran (British-born, American, 1877)” by Adam Asar is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic.
• NEW Siri Shortcuts (Open, Resume)
• NEW URL Scheme (greenlit://, greenlit://resume)
• NEW Icon Shortcut (Resume)
• NEW True Black mode
• iPhone XS Max and XR screen support
• FIXED bug causing duplicates during import
Ratings and Reviews
Great Player, But...
Has a great interface, good controls.
My main problem with this app is when I pause it on Bluetooth, it randomly goes back to a previous point in the book, usually around 30 min. Reading the reviews I see that I’m not the only person experiencing this.
This is annoying, of course, and requires me to pull the phone out while I’m working and fiddle with it. I have written to the developer on this and another issue, and while he took care of the other issue quickly, this one remains. I have been using the previous version of the app which does not have this problem but I would like to use the most recent version with its updated look and features.
Update: Thanks for the response, Mr Clay. I have been observing the symptoms carefully. When one presses pause on the Bluetooth device, it continues to play; if pause is pressed again, it stops but resumes at an earlier position. This may be a failure or lag in responding to the command, then interpreting the second input as a rewind command. Sometimes, it will not resume playing until the app is opened (the phone unlocked) then it resumes immediately. This is likely not due to the media or the device as these symptoms never occur with Told, the previous app.
The issue may not be with the version of the app but the type of content being played. Is it a DRM-protected file? GreenLit automatically tracks progress of non-DRM content when in the background, but unfortunately this is not possible with DRM-protected files. It is strongly recommended that you use the controls *in* GreenLit to end playback to ensure progress is captured, especially for purchases/protected content. I realize this is inconvenient, and will provide a solution as soon as one becomes available. Thanks!
So, before purchasing I read the reviews on the app and decided to purchase anyway because sometimes people overreact, unfairly judge, etc.
I have to say beyond the UI (gorgeous) it's awful and does not work. I have the same Google drive problem as someone else. And I saw that the Dev wanted to work with another user that has the problem where the books don't show up. Totally fine.
Went to email the developer and haven't heard back in over two weeks. Save your money folks.
No longer freezes on launch. It’s nice that it shares the same UI as cesium (best music app). Having to scan for content every launch is kinda dumb, cesium doesn’t need to do that.
I like how when playing, you can see full album art, but not when looking at the book list. iBooks has the opposite problem, but iBooks bookshelf is also much nicer.
- Mike Clay
- 3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Michael Clay
- In-App Purchases
- Unbelievable Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.