Velocity Keyboard is a powerful velocity-sensitive MPE compatible MIDI controller.
- runs as an Audio Unit or as a standalone app
- unique velocity sensing algorithm that tracks touch force like no other app
- 7 simultaneous sources of MIDI CC parameter control: touch area, touch force (on devices that support 3D Touch), touch Y-coordinate, and up to four MIDI CC control knobs
- smooth MIDI pitch bending between notes in both string and keyboard layouts
- highlights scales in any key
- dedicated MIDI modes for maximum flexibility when controlling non-MPE compatible synthesisers
-new pitch bend correction algorithm plays more in-tune with more freedom of expression when bending between notes (compared to similar MIDI controller apps)
What does this app do differently from our iFretless apps?
- It uses much less RAM because it doesn't load any audio samples
- It has MIDI aftertouch controls, so changes in touch pressure and location that occur after after the start of a note can control MIDI CC parameters
- It supports highlighting notes in custom scales
- It has piano keyboard layout options
- It has updated velocity sensing and pitch correction algorithms
- It has better visibility, making it feel more playable on smaller screens, or with a larger number of rows and columns
- add new layout: "Scale" - This layout works similar to "Strings layout", but it hides all notes that not in the current selected scale.
- add "Octaves" to tunning system's list. We recommend this tunning for "Scale layout".
- add "channel after touch" & "polyphonic after touch" to cc list.
- change how sustain pedal works: Tap it to make it on, then tap again to make it off.
Ratings and Reviews
A brilliant utilization of touch technology, and not just the wonky 3D version. Finger surface area is used to transmit after-touch data. This is also MPE. A must have!
Please consider custom key (pad) positioning and note assignment for drums and percussion.
As the name suggests, this app is very good at velocity sensing. It honestly makes me feel like my iPad has pressure sensors hidden in the screen somewhere. I wonder how does that work?
Developer Response ,
It works automatically ;) We're glad to hear you like it.
The best grid instrument by far. This could become the Stratocaster of virtual grid instruments.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind words. I hope you won't mind if we quote your stratocaster comment on our website. :) We hope the update to version 1.0.2 fixed the crashing issues. Please contact us via our website (bluemangoo.com) if you have troubles after the update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.