WeatherBug - Free Local Weather Forecast, Radar Map & Severe Storm Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
It's easy to use and has 18 different weather maps including Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure and humidity. Join millions who rely on WeatherBug every day!
• Location Services: Restored the “While Using the App” as a Locations Services option
• Updated Settings: Removed Background App refresh requirement
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Spark Lightning Alerts: Your personal lightning detector, Spark gives you minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View current traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Apple Watch Support: Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how weather will impact your sports games, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Hurricane Center: Stay informed of all hurricane forecasts and changing conditions to protect you and your loved ones
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all National Weather Service watches and warnings
WEATHERBUG HOME SAVES YOU MONEY
• Find out how the weather will impact your home energy usage given the current weather conditions
• Connect your Wi-Fi thermostat or utility account for insights tailored to your usage
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine -- WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 4.4.5
Get real-time weather conditions, forecasts, and accurate & animated weather maps for all the locations you care about. Plus, get the fastest alerts to severe weather including all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings.
What's new in this release:
• Restored “While Using the App” as a Locations Services setting
• Removed Background App Refresh
Join millions who depend on the world’s largest professional weather network – download WeatherBug today!
Great weather+ app
This is my new go-to weather source on my iPhone. Lots of info with easy to arrange options so I see what I want on top of the page. The only limitation is having to chose from preset locations for data. I live within ~12 miles of the closest preset but having to mentally "move the pin" in my head to calculate when the rain will get to me is the only reason I did not give it 5 stars. This only bothers me a little but others might live much farther away from presets. When you are traveling and don't know the area well, the preset names are the names of the weather stations and give you no info about where in the region they might be. In a large city you have to pick one at random and see where the pin drops on the map to see if it's close to where you will be OR do a lot of map searching on a different app to find the locations first and see which one might be close to you. I can understand the need to chose from preset locations but a "find location closest to me" button would help immensely and would also increase my rating to a 5.
Not accurate enough
I used to love this app, especially for monitoring storms and proximity of lightening. Unfortunately, it no longer has a base location close to where I live. The closest area is 12 miles away, and only tells me how many miles away the lightening strikes are from THAT area instead of from where I'm standing. I do live in a rural, unincorporated area, but even on WiFi, my current pinned location is not accurate. This is not helpful in monitoring lightening while I'm standing on the soccer field or out riding my bike in MY neighborhood. What is going on 12 miles away anywhere in Florida can be drastically different where I am standing. We were in the middle of a bad electrical storm right over us, and this app was telling me closest strike from another location 12 miles away and showed no immediate alerts. Very bummed. Others should be aware that some areas really are not covered, but doppler can at least give you an idea if a storm is moving towards or away from you. But any news channel doppler can also show you that.
Love all the widgets in the app!
A friend of mine who is a trucker turned me on to WB. I wasn't expecting a whole lot more than the Weather Channel – was I surprised! It's certainly more accurate because I live outside of the city and most of the time the temperatures I was getting from WC was from the city not here in the country (lack of acres of asphalt & buildings!!) I have suggested it to multiple friends and they like it too. I haven't had much of any problem with with the app choking – not sure why others are... I use it on both my iPad and my iPhone without a glitch. I will occasionally check it with the weather channel – and what I find interesting is that it's more accurate for exactly where I am! Got to have it!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 22, 2016
- Version: 4.4.5
- Size: 91.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99