WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts & Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download WeatherBug to Know Before™. Access the world’s largest network of weather and lightning sensors for the most accurate forecasts, the fastest alerts and more. Plus, our app is sleek and polished.
Only our data is real-time, which allows us to see weather threats first, provide better forecasts and give the fastest alerts to severe weather! And only we measure “Total Lightning” so you get exclusive Spark lightning proximity alerts for your current and saved locations. Stay safer with WeatherBug.
As you’ll see from the “short” list below, WeatherBug has more awesome data and content than any other weather app.
Check out our fresh features:
• NEW Refreshed User Interface – We’ve made our UI sleeker and easier to navigate than ever before. Come give it a test drive!
• NEW Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get real-time, minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning monitoring from the WeatherBug Total Lightning Network. Now redesigned with a live lightning map to show you lightning strikes near you and across the world!
• NEW Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel tomorrow's picnic? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you on how best to stay comfortable and have fun! Now get at-a-glance views on all Lifestyle Forecasts so you know what to expect!
• NEW Cold & Flu section – Stay updated on the cold and flu season! Find out where and when you'll need to be extra careful, along with useful facts on how you can minimize your risk.
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts for 2.6 Million Locations Worldwide – The industry’s most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for your neighborhood and beyond.
• Push Notifications – Get severe weather warnings and exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts pushed directly to your mobile device! Safeguard yourself from tornados, severe thunderstorms, flash-floods and more.
• Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before™ 10 days ahead.
• Exclusive DTAs & Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes Matter. Our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide you 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition. Plus, you get National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture (pun intended) of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Photo Section & Albums – We’ve collected magnificent photography from our users for your viewing pleasure. Now categorized into albums, finding awesome photos has never been quicker or easier! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery!
• Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users.
• Spotlight section – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Customizable Home Screen – Customize your home screen with newly added background themes and rearrange your live tiles to get the info that matter the most to you at-a-glance.
• Multiple Language Support – Get forecasts and alerts for your neighborhood and the world in Spanish and Portuguese!
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 3.5
•Refreshed user interface
•Revamped Spark lightning alerts and map
•Added Recent & Local photo albums
•Ability to share WeatherBug & Spark with your friends and family
•Added Lifestyle forecasts at-a-glance page
•Added Cold & Flu Lifestyle section
•Added 64-bit application support
It's Getting Better
February 24, 2014
Better. Needs custom background. But the reason this isn't a 5-star app is because the radar feature is awful. It'd be better off removed than leave it the way it is. Every single other radar app has a better radar feature.
April 26, 2013
The app is mostly fine but I constantly find myself annoyed at not being able to view previous daily or historical records for thing like rain or wind or temperature. If not that, I'd at least like to see the previous day records for an area. This is actually the only reason I have this app at all. I use other apps for temperature and radar. I wanted this app for records but currently it sadly only provides daily "so far" records.
Still needs needs radar/satellite view.
It would be nice if the map was several times clearer. It's very fuzzy still; TWC app looks much cleaner.
Also, your new buttons are nice, but I can't swipe to see them. I keep having to click the little button in the corner.
The map needs the options to see the radar for the past 6 hours and also to put radar OVER satellite, not just view them separately.
It needs a Facebook sharing option.
I've had Weather Bug for a long time on my home computer. I really like the mobile app with all the new add ons. Only thing that gripes me is, on my lap top, the weather bug only has certain stations to receive weather info. All 30 or more miles away. So when I glance on the tool bar for temp, it may be 5-10 degrees different from my actual local temp or get an alert for a bad storm that I may never hit me. Other than that, it still deserves a five star rating. I've had several reliable years with Weather Bug. Hope they correct that one little hang up for my lap top.
Great App—Some Small Problems
This weather app is fantastic: very accurate temperatures, extremely detailed hourly forecasts, etc. There are, however, a few small problems that I would like to have addressed. Although they just released an update including a beautiful new interface, the radar is still low-definition. If this were updated, the app would be nearly perfect for me. The only other problem I have, is that my location, a significant city, doesn't have push notifications, while my other location, very small towns, do. Why is this? Please fix this and the radar, and you've got a 5-star app, easily!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 26.1 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.