WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts & Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The newly redesigned WeatherBug® app offers real-time, neighborhood-level weather forecasts from our own weather network (the largest in the world). Plus, get the fastest severe weather alerts and exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts that tell you exactly how far away lightning is to you.
And now, introducing the new WeatherBug Home Energy Meter – a beautiful, interactive way to see how much energy is being used to keep you comfortable. Slide the thermostat bar and see how you can make an impact - know your power!
Know Before™ with these awesome features:
• NEW WeatherBug Home Energy Meter – How hard will your home’s HVAC need to work to keep you comfortable? Find out with the Energy Meter – see the difference a few degrees higher or lower make! Just slide the bar to see projected monthly cost, energy use and carbon footprint!
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – Weather happens. Depend on the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Know Before Weather Alerts – Minutes matter. Get all National Weather Service warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations. Plus, exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition!
• Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts!
• Enhanced Interactive Map – “See” the weather through multiple layers, like Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel this weekend’s BBQ? Our Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather conditions to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Photos Section – View amazing photos from WeatherBug users! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery. You can even share your own photos right from your device. Share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users!
• Weather News – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest info on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Conditional Backgrounds – Quickly find out if the day will be clear, cloudy or rainy at a glance!
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
Earth Networks, Taking the Pulse of the Planet®!
What's New in Version 4.0
• UI redesign
• WeatherBug Home Energy Meter
• Several stability and performance enhancements
So sad, disappointing EDITED
Originally gave 1 star, BUT my confusion and frustration centered on the fact that I have two copies of the same app. The bottom half of review was in regard to the one with ads. I finally found or it was made available, my ad free version. I think they have the same numbers and version #. The paid for Ap works well. So I revise my review to a more favorable report. I wish the upgrade from FREE with ads to the pay for ad free simply overwrite the origin. Will hold back one star!
My first post:I want the last version back! Horrible for iPhone 6. It is hard to avoid tapping the enlarged ad/useless info. Where's the weather? I used to love this weather app. I used to have the ad free version and noticed the return of ads. I looked to reinstate my version and found that I would have to get a paid monthly subscription for ad free. No longer user friendly. No longer a fan. It doesn't matter how 'accurate' the forecast when you have to sift through the clutter. Please tell me this was a pre-April fools joke. I can't imagine user's input led you to do this... Used to be fun checking weather.
They keep making slightly less useful...
This is a good weather app in so many ways. But each iteration becomes less easy to use.
This latest version, while ‘pretty’, has a number of drawbacks compared to the previous version. 1) The developers thing its now a good idea to put a pretty picture in the background. Nice, but now impossible to read the fonts because white fonts on bright background just don't work. Let me be able turn off the picture. 2) Simple stats, like wind speed and direction, are now buried even though there is PLENTY of room to put them on the initial screen. 3) There are now a bunch of useless options at the bottom that can’t be removed. Really, like I need a weather app to tell me the energy efficiency of my home? Perhaps you can tell how much traffic there is going to be on my route, as well.
Developers: Get rid of the pretty screens, make that initial open screen filled with good stuff like wind speed and direction, and stick to weather.
New version STINKS!!!! It is an April Fools Joke?
Info is all over the place. This newversion is soooo BAD they would have to put the old one back and fix this new one. I can'tbelieve they released this version. Is it an April fools joke? This new one is years behind and several steps back. What benifit is it to haveinfo all overthe place. If you select "details "you get sunrise info then have to scroll for dew point scroll for wind etc. Before this horrid update all the info was on one or two screans. Hourly forcast stinks now. Just shows temp. Before it would show all onfo like dew point, wind speed,etc. I chose this app originally because all info was in one or two places and the dew point was always with the temp. This new verson is so bad with info all over the place it takes too long to get info which once on one screen. I dont care about the sunrise when i hit details. Too bad i loved this app before. Now its useless. Unless they put back the old version (new one too horrible to wait for fixes) i will be choosing another weather app. So bummed!!! You ruined a good app!!! Put it back!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 01, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 55.9 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99