WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts & Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the redesigned WeatherBug® app for accurate, real-time, neighborhood-level weather forecasts right from our very own weather network – the largest in the world! Get the fastest alerts to severe weather, plus exclusive Spark™ lightning alerts that tell you exactly how far away lightning is and if you’re in danger.
Get your weather delivered to your wrist – WeatherBug now offers its industry-leading, hyper-local weather forecast and advanced severe weather alerts on the Apple Watch!
Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms” – WeatherBug.
Know Before™ with these helpful features:
•NEW WeatherBug for Apple Watch – Time is precious. Quickly get critical weather information on your wrist! See what the day’s weather will be at-a-glance and Know Before with key weather intel such as wind, pollen, UV and severe weather notifications!
• WeatherBug Home Energy Meter – How hard will your home’s HVAC need to work to keep you comfortable? Find out with the Energy Meter – see the difference a few degrees higher or lower make! Just slide the bar to see projected monthly cost, energy use and carbon footprint!
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – Weather happens. Depend on the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Know Before Weather Alerts – Minutes matter. Get all National Weather Service warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations. Plus, exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition!
• Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts!
• Enhanced Interactive Map – “See” the weather through multiple layers, like Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel this weekend’s BBQ? Our Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather conditions to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Photos Section – View amazing photos from WeatherBug users! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery. You can even share your own photos right from your device. Share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users!
• Weather News – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest info on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Conditional Backgrounds – Backgrounds that change with the weather! Quickly find out if the day will be clear, cloudy or rainy at a glance.
Earth Networks, Taking the Pulse of the Planet®!
What's New in Version 4.0.2
• Apple Watch support
• New pollen widget for Now screen
• Several stability and performance enhancements
Radar being held hostage by ads
The ad covering a big chunk of the radar is ridiculous. Storms, for the most part, travel west to east, the ad is in the lower left hand corner of the radar. To get the most bang for your buck with radar forecasts, you move your location to the this area of the screen. We would still see the ad if it were to the bottom of the radar screen. Having it close to the zoom and loop buttons it bad too. I'm sure it was designed to get us to accidentally hit it, but that is exactly why it's horrible. I've had to look at my radar to get locations of sudden pop up cells while doing things that need my attention and could not stop doing due to current conditions. (yes, like driving) Having an ad pop up when this is happening wastes time, sometimes that people don't have to be rebooting the weather. This new radar mess is not going to force me buy the app, just go to another site for radar. There are too many out there to have to be "bullied" into subscription purchases.
What Happened to my go to weather app??
This used to be my go to weather app. Even replaced weather channel and it's scrolling and annoying ads everywhere. But it has become so ridiculously inaccurate that I had to ditch it. Half the time when you look at the forecast and the hourly details and then icons they have for rain/sun they all contradict each other. One says sunny when the other says 60% chance rain and then other times then you look at the hourly closely and says zero percent rain for all the hours the written detail predicts rain. I just need and app I can take a quick look at and get a decent idea of what the weather should be. Is that too much to ask for??? Please fix this app. And go back to the old easy to read layout as well. This one is much more button pushing and scrolling where the old layout may not be as "pretty" but it was great for information at a glance.
Overall Great App
Overall, this is a very good app. It has many good features that aren't in a lot of other apps that I've had. I do have one problem, a pretty big one. When I click to add a place in which to receive weather, like if I wanted to see weather for a certain place, it lists places in which I could receive it. To help you know what I mean, If I wanted weather for Chicago, it'll list like weather stations for that area, and this is like for everything I add. Normally this wouldn't be a prob., just sometimes these stations could be several miles away! Almost in the next time. Also this app does have plenty of ads, but just on the first page. All in all, a great app tho
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 08, 2015
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 62.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99