Movies by Flixster, with Rotten Tomatoes
By Flixster, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Movies by Flixster. The #1 app for movie reviews, trailers, and showtimes.
- The most downloaded movies app of all time
- Featured in the App Store Essentials Hall of Fame by Apple
- Best showtimes app for iPhone - Lifehacker.com
1. Browse the top box office movies and movies opening soon
2. Look up showtimes at your favorite theater and buy tickets (from participating theaters)
3. Get critic reviews from Rotten Tomatoes
4. Watch high quality trailers
5. Stream and download movies or TV shows in your UltraViolet collection. HD playback supported for select titles.
6. Watch your UltraViolet collection on Chromecast. HD playback supported for most titles.
7. Create your own "Want to See" list, rate & review movies
8. View and manage your Netflix queue
What's New in Version 7.2.3
- We've updated the AFNetworking library to fix the HTTPS vulnerability reported on ArsTechnica.com
- Fixed the endless redirects affecting those of you signed in with Google.
Well some things work, just not mirroring
Ok, it’s got ads, but that’s expected from a free app. And I can use it to find theatre times when I’m away from my computer. So it’s got some actual value for me.
However, as many of the movies I buy have a streaming (Ultraviolet) component and many include only Flixster as a method of redemption, you would think that I could stream these movies anywhere using the app. Not if you are trying to mirror the content onto a reasonable sized screen (say at a hotel while traveling). You get the "external screen detected” message which apparently violates their contract. Think about that for a second. It means that the digital copy that you get through Flixster is really a “small device” copy. Hmm, perhaps if Apple made a 24” iPad it would be useful?
Guess this reinforces my plans to buy pure digital copies from the iTunes store in the future rather than shake my head in frustration. At least that way it will play on any device, computer, or TV I have.
OK for reviews and movie listings
I use Flixster on my iPhone and iPad for local movie listings, and for the most part that works fine. I think that when local listings are not up-to-date that it's not all Flixster's fault; the movie theater isn't updating its listings to the online database that Flixster uses.
With the latest update, though, in the listing of theaters we have "Favorite Theaters" and just below that, "My Favorite Theaters", listing the same theaters but in a different order. There is no listing of unfavorited local theaters. I've favorited all my local ones (all 2 of them) so I can still access what I need to, but still, this is a bug that needs to be fixed.
What have you done to my favorite movie app??
This was always my go-to app for movie times and upcoming releases. But now it's just ads, ads, ads, and more ads. Ads on every single page. Then I close the ad, tap on a movie, go back to the previous list, and what do I get? More ads! The ads I *just* closed on that same screen 2 seconds earlier.
I just can't stand this app anymore. When using an app simply becomes more frustrating than useful, it's time to say goodbye. I'd even rather pay $0.99 than see all of these stupid ads. It's just plain ridiculous now.
You had a good run, Flixster. You blew it.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 11, 2015
- Version: 7.2.3
- Size: 49.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flixster, Inc.
- © 2014 Flixster
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.