Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home.
Use your iOS device to connect to iTunes on your Mac or PC as if you’re in front of your computer.
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artists, albums, and songs
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with AirPlay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.3.1
This update adds support for Two-Factor Authentication when signing in for Home Sharing.
5-stars when it works, 0-stars all other times
It seems every time there's an update, this app has a new set of chaotic issues requiring me to continuously restart my system, reconfigure sharing or just swear softly under my breath. I've been grateful over the past few months, though, because for the first time ever, the Remote app has worked nearly flawlessly. With the most recent update however, all my AirPlay speakers drop and then fail to be recognized--not in iTunes, only in this app. Rebooting the app doesn't work, nor does rebooting devices. I have to either play music directly via iTunes or reboot my Mac to get the Remote app to once again play nice. Please, please, Apple...can't you QA multiple use cases before botching things up by tossing out a new release? We're all depending on the integration of our iOS and Mac stuff.
Works fine on my iTunes devices
I don't understand these negative reviews?! It works fine on my iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch. I have been using for a long time. I can control my Macs running iTunes, select what I want to hear, select where to play it: on Mac speakers, external DAC, my Yamaha home theater, airport express, and control the sound level on my old stereo with no remote control. I can control my older Apple TV also. I can select how to view songs albums, play list, etc.
It would be nice if it is updated, especially to be able support two app split screen on the iPad so I could keep the remote on the side. Also, sometimes the album art does not update when I have a large number of albums. I heard it also does not support the new AppleTV, shame Apple.
Seems to work like it should
I use Remote on most of my computers with iTunes installed on. Aside from an expected delay every once in a while, everything works in an instant. Even in the basement where my internet can be a little slow, I can control my Dell OptiPlex 755 connected to Ethernet with most things happening instantly. The only thing I would like to see is an implementation of Remote in Control Center so I don't have to wait for Remote to connect back to my computer, even though the wait is only like a second or two, and so I don't have leave the app I'm currently on to change my music through Remote. Though that isn't enough to bring the review down to a four star.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 23, 2017
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 38.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.