Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is designed to be in perfect sync with iTunes. With just a few taps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can play iTunes Radio from anywhere in your home. Choose playlists, songs, and albums as if you were in front of your computer or Apple TV. Or play them from iCloud with iTunes Match on Apple TV. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly tap out a title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen.
Note: Remote is only compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier)
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, movie, and TV show artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Control your Apple TV
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
• Browse your purchased movies and TV shows in the app and play them on Apple TV
Play iTunes Radio
• Play iTunes Radio on your Mac, PC, or Apple TV
• Browse and play Featured Stations and My Stations
• Create a station from a song or artist
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier)
• Requires a device with iOS 7.1 or later
• Controlling iTunes Radio requires iTunes 11.1.3 or later or Apple TV Software 6.1 or later
• Requires a Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.2.2
This update includes minor stability and performance improvements.
Remote App is almost useless now!
I was using this App Flawlessly for over a year! Now nothing stays connected. I have to literally restart each item in order to have my ITunes library show back up. Then as expected when I open or just go to the App the NEXT day my ITunes Library mysteriously disappears again, then I restart my IPAD/IPhone (Both have identical issues) and "VOILA" it reappears.. And yes, I tried closing the App and restarting the App. And yes, I have tried everything everybody has ever put on the Internet as the possible fix. Nothing Fixes it! The APP is BROKEN! Come on APPLE Fix it... A very disappointed user...
Update: April 15th-ish or so all of my Apple/AirPlay/Remote Items were UPDATED and AirPlay worked Flawless once again!!! Yay Apple obviously Fixed what was ailing my stuff. :). But don't celebrate too long.
Update: On June 10/12th-ish I went to use AirPlay and this App and once again I have the same Connectivity issues As before. Main issue is my WiFi connected Apple TV will just DISCONNECT from ITunes/AirPlay and I have to reconnect it Daily!!! Gonna go look at the SONOS Music Stuff and maybe switch over to them. Very Disappointed Apple, you were so good for so long.. Don't know what has happened over the past few years but it's not good.. From a very "Past" Loyal Customer. MC.
Very good, but conflict with Alarms
UPDATE: Now I have the same problem as described by others here. It was working fine, then suddenly insists that HomeSharing isn't on. It's definitely on, on both theApple TV and my iPhone Settings for music/ video. Extremely frustrating, especially since it really was working perfectly for the first two weeks.
I've deleted and reinstalled, booted the phone, turned ATV off and on... just broken. The beauty of the app was being able to use the phone keyboard to search.
Previous review: I don't have any if the problems others are describing here - it works fine, is highly intuitive, and I love that I can turn subtitles on or off with 2 taps.
But - I have an alarm set (using the native iPhone alarm app). If I'm watching Apple TV and the alarm goes off, even if the screen is locked, if I tap the alarm to snooze, it stops the video. Seems like the alarm app should at that point register and respond to any touch actions. The user has to respond to the alarm before they go back to using the remote anyway. Hope all that makes sense. Please fix!
Check WiFi IP for "home sharing" connection issue
So, been having issues connecting to my Apple TV using Remote App on my iPhone 4s (ya I know 4s - right?). And like many others after the update to 9.0.2. I was super frustrated that it kept saying I wasn't connected and to turn on "home sharing". Well, after weeks of trying it over and over again….deleting the app / reinstalling… turning on and off home sharing on the computer, iPhone and Apple TV AND restarting everything multiple times…..I called the support line. We walk it through AGAIN! No change! But, when support asked to check Wifi name to make sure it was connected, it looked right! But, I discovered by looking at the IP #'s that I had inadvertently connected to my "guest" Wifi (has same WiFi name with "guest" at the end but the word "guest" doesn't show because of phone screen size) After logging onto the same IP on my phone that Apple TV was connected to on the router…..DUH, it works fine. YES! Keyboard and touch control is back! That silver handheld, scrolling remote is useless as a search tool! Jus say'in
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.