Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is designed to be in perfect sync with iTunes. With just a few taps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can play iTunes Radio from anywhere in your home. Choose playlists, songs, and albums as if you were in front of your computer or Apple TV. Or play them from iCloud with iTunes Match on Apple TV. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly tap out a title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen.
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, movie, and TV show artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Control your Apple TV
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
Play iTunes Radio
• Play iTunes Radio on your Mac or PC
• Browse and play Featured Stations and My Stations
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• Controlling iTunes Radio requires iTunes 11.1.3 or later
• Requires a Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.1
This version of Remote adds the ability to control iTunes Radio on your Mac or PC.
Something to improve
I use this app only for listening to music with iTunes on PC. So I would just like to talk about something having to do with it.
1. Customization of the views. I almost never use the Songs view and Radio view. I'd like to make Genre view and Playlist view in the first page.
2. Adding playlist operations in holding menu and More menu in now playing page. It's too labored to add songs into playlists now.
3. More ordering choices. In iTunes I can order the albums first in genre then in artist and then in name. I hope it be the same in this app.
4. It would be nice if in the Genre, Artist and Composer view the right column is exactly the Album view with a filter. (Also hope it become true in iTunes.) I have a music library larger than 600G and it is nearly impossible to find anything except in Album view and Songs view with the column browser. (And I'd like the column browser to be displayed aside the Songs view not only upon it like iTunes 10 can do. Most of us have widescreen displays you know...)
I have been using this remote on Apple TV and it has been wonderful especially when I am not in the same room. It's better than the remote that comes with Apple TV. The keyboard is the best part. It's better because you don't have to pick letter by letter. I gave it a four star because I have had trouble with the keyboard coming up when I try to search something. It will come up the first time, but after that it won't come back. Sometimes it won't come up at all. I have quit the app and completely restarted it and the same problem persists. I will be happy to make this a five star when we have the ability to click on the keyboard icon and open the keyboard myself when it does not open or when the keyboard opens at the right time with no problems.
Why doesn't the volume rocker work in this app?
Update: it's better than it was, and really highlights what a bad job apple did designing the 'music' app.
Why doesn't the volume rocker work in this app? Somebody forget to give the developers an actual device?
Doesn't that seem kind of silly to anyone else? I thought apple was all about making integrated applications. Kinda funny when pandora and any streaming app works with the volume rocker but apples own app doesn't. Guess I'm the only person who is annoyed at this app? Still miles ahead of the new iPad 'music' app. What gomer decided to make the selection on/off buttons look exactly the same?
On the good side of things it's nice to play to multiple locations, that's an AirPlay downfall.
I'd like to be able to sort my music (artist albums) by date. Apple says "NO!" You're desires clutter our pretty pastels. CONFORM to our way. There is nothing else you can do. You drank the cool aid.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 12, 2013
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2012-2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.