Spanish-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs
By Ultralingua, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
290,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of Spanish and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
"For serious language students and translators who are looking for more precision." - The New York Times
Featured by Apple as "What's Hot"
Ultralingua makes apps for people who love languages. You can count on our Spanish-English dictionary to provide all the content you need, along with extra features that help you get the most out of the dictionary. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into Spanish or English text instantly.
• Over 75,000 entries with 290,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
Thousands of topical keywords mark translations so you can choose which word is right for your context. This includes hundreds of culinary, plant and animal, geographical, communications, architecture, and business vocabulary labels in the translations. You'll also find:
• More than 750 math and science terms
• More than 425 technology terms
• More than 350 sports terms
• More than 225 legal terms
• More than 200 medical terms
• Conjugations for thousands of Spanish and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into Spanish and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Spanish-English to English-Spanish
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"I NEVER write reviews for apps but I HAVE to with this one. I've been using it for about a year now in my Spanish classes and while doing homework. It has helped me tremendously! If I can't remember how to conjugate a verb, it can easily do that." -User review
"A linguist's dream. When you look something up, it presents you with a wide range of possible meanings, tons of idiomatic expressions, and also the next several head words alphabetically- so you can discover other words just like when you use a real dictionary! Unlike a dictionary, however, Ultralingua will correct my spelling. I have recommended it to several people already!" -User review
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
What's New in Version 2.7
• Updated for iOS 9
• Updated for iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro
• Simplified navigation
• Optional side-by-side dictionary and conjugations on iPad
• Faster loading of Favorites
• Export your Favorites via AirDrop or email
• Many data improvements and small bug fixes
This dictionary is very good. It's been very helpful to me in learning Spanish. At times, the translations given are words or phrases not understood well by native speakers (Latin American immigrants in Southern California). I don't know if it's Spain Spanish or just very academic, though you should expect academic language from a good dictionary. Just an FYI. A very good resource.
I am currently learning Spanish. This app has been a most helpful tool! I love how the verb conjugation is displayed! This app will be most useful during our upcoming trip to Spain and for many more years to come!
I use this app every day. I am living in Mexico and trying to learn Spanish. This app help me find the words I need or don't know.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 16, 2016
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 23.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Ultralingua, Inc.
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.