By Electronic Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CONNECT WITH FRIENDS. PLAY WITH WORDS. Get a game of SCRABBLE going with just about anyone! The original word game you know and love is now better than ever. Plus, now you can play SCRABBLE in English, French, Italian, German, or Spanish.
WHO WILL YOU PLAY?
• Challenge friends via Facebook and more
• Find an instant opponent with a single touch
• Play solo against the computer
• Get up to 50 games going at once
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
Connect to Facebook and share your best scores. You can even talk a good game with enhanced chat and notification features.
IMPROVE YOUR SCORES WITH THE TEACHER
Become a SCRABBLE master with the exclusive “Teacher” feature – see what your best word could have been after every turn.
LOSS FOR WORDS?
Use the in-game word list, built-in official SCRABBLE dictionary, or the exclusive Best Word feature to see your highest scoring choices.
View every detail on the board with HD-quality graphics made to maximize the Retina display.
Ready for the first and last word in word games? Don’t accept imitations. Just say, “LET’S PLAY SCRABBLE!”
What's New in Version 3.6.2
Are your opponents not playing their turns? Now you can force-forfeit them 24 hours faster. Here’s how it works: Nudge your opponent after 24 hours of inactivity. If they haven’t responded in 48 hours, you can force-forfeit them and take the win!
We’ve also minimized number of push notifications being sent, so please enable notifications to get the latest news from SCRABBLE.
Love it this game, but still needs a bit of UX work
Scrabble is my go to game to play with my girl on the train as we commute to work. We play the one on one Pass & Play mode. Super annoying though that when we finish a game and hit the rematch button, it replaces our names with "Player 1" & "Player 2". It should carry our names over. I stopped using this button altogether!
It would also be great if you could create offline user profiles specifically for Pass & Play to keep track of scores and wins too!
Best of old and new, but beware of cheaters
It offers the familiar board, rules and challenge of the traditional board game, and adds great digital/online features like auto-adding the score as you try out a possible play, teacher feature to show you how you could have played a higher scoring word, and indicating how many tiles are left. The big downside is the possibility, or rather probability, of rampant cheating.
By far the best most challenging word game of any app. This old standard does not disappoint. It is one of the few games that doesn't leave you hanging asking for "coins" in order to finish playing the game!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 15, 2014
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Electronic Arts Inc.
- Game code and certain audio and/or visual material © 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. EA and the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Published by Electronic Arts Inc. under license from Hasbro, Inc. HASBRO and its logo, SCRABBLE, the associated logo, the design of the distinctive SCRABBLE brand game board, the distinctive letter tile designs, and EVERY WORD'S A WINNER are trademarks of Hasbro in the United States and Canada and are used with permission. © 2013 Hasbro. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.