By Electronic Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CONNECT WITH FRIENDS. PLAY WITH WORDS. Get a game of SCRABBLE going with just about anyone! The original word game you know and love is now better than ever. Plus, now you can play SCRABBLE in English, French, Italian, German, or Spanish.
WHO WILL YOU PLAY?
• Challenge friends via Facebook and more
• Find an instant opponent with a single touch
• Play solo against the computer
• Get up to 50 games going at once
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
Connect to Facebook and share your best scores. You can even talk a good game with enhanced chat and notification features.
IMPROVE YOUR SCORES WITH THE TEACHER
Become a SCRABBLE master with the exclusive “Teacher” feature – see what your best word could have been after every turn.
LOSS FOR WORDS?
Use the in-game word list, built-in official SCRABBLE dictionary, or the exclusive Best Word feature to see your highest scoring choices.
View every detail on the board with HD-quality graphics made to maximize the Retina display.
Ready for the first and last word in word games? Don’t accept imitations. Just say, “LET’S PLAY SCRABBLE!”
What's New in Version 3.6.2
Are your opponents not playing their turns? Now you can force-forfeit them 24 hours faster. Here’s how it works: Nudge your opponent after 24 hours of inactivity. If they haven’t responded in 48 hours, you can force-forfeit them and take the win!
We’ve also minimized number of push notifications being sent, so please enable notifications to get the latest news from SCRABBLE.
Another terrible update :(
Seriously, EA, fix auto-login for Origin already! Since you don't seem to have a QA dept, I'll tell you exactly what the issue is: whenever the network changes (from WiFi to 3G, or vise versa, or between two different WiFi sources) the auto-login for Origin (facebook is fine) ceases to function. Not only that, but the app does not remember your email address *or* your password! Simple browsers have been able to do this for 20 years. How freakin' hard can it be?
Additionally, this new update has introduced a slew of new bugs: Chat is set to "mute" automatically every game, preventing any chat whatsoever; a facebook and RL friend on PC cannot tell who she is playing with me because I am on mobile; the "skip" button no longer functions when the teacher is engaged leading to unwanted skips to next game; and worst of all, the best new feature added in memory - the ability to see the top bar of the phone that shows the time, network, battery, etc - has been disabled in this update!
Argh, I guess this is why EA is known as the worst game developer in video games.
Using 3.6.2 on iPhone 4, iOS 7.1
Obviously Scrabble is pretty much the best word game ever invented, which is why I care. If the game weren't so fun I'd have quit using this darn app years ago, sorry for the nerd rage. :P
Great game - but fix the bugs
Scrabble makes a great iPhone app. If you love word games, this is well-worth the $8 investment to avoid the ads.
But there are annoying features that need to be addressed:
• the dictionary checker has very small text and the keyboard is hard to use when typing.
• logging into Origin every other time you start the game is very annoying. Why doesn't this game remember my user ID and password?
• needs board and tile options. Why offer them if there are no choices?
• you can't chat with "guest" players.
• when playing the computer, the teacher doesn't have time to display the best word.
• latest update no longer shows the time and the phone status.
• could us a list of two letter words sorted by last letter, q words, x words, and z words.
Mute chat automatically??? Limited games?? Logging out
Worst customer service! What's with the "mute" on every game? This update has just added to more annoying features. I have to "unmute" ever game, even if I unmuted it before, have to repeat this with every move! ANNOYING!
Here's more and repeats!
Love the game but there are several issues! FIRSTLY: no one responds to complaints on twitter, go online and try lodge a compliant and you'll pull your hair out! There is ZERO customer feedback/service. SECONDLY: why, when I PAID for the app do I have limited games I can start?? That is just BS!
THIRDLY: Why is chat muted on every game? I never muted the chat! This happened with the latest update I downloaded!
ADVICE TO EA! Stop logging out ORIGIN users, get a better customer service center and stop auto replies on Twitter! Very frustrating!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 15, 2014
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Electronic Arts Inc.
- Game code and certain audio and/or visual material © 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. EA and the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Published by Electronic Arts Inc. under license from Hasbro, Inc. HASBRO and its logo, SCRABBLE, the associated logo, the design of the distinctive SCRABBLE brand game board, the distinctive letter tile designs, and EVERY WORD'S A WINNER are trademarks of Hasbro in the United States and Canada and are used with permission. © 2013 Hasbro. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.