By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Google app keeps you in the know about the things you care about. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and get a feed of stories and updates on topics that matter to you. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in your feed:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
More ways to access Google:
• Gboard – access Google Search, right from your keyboard. Gboard is a keyboard that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emoji, and more—right from your keyboard, in any app. Tap “Gboard” in your app settings to get started.
• Trending on Google widget — find out what’s trending in your area with our Trending on Google widget. Use 3D Touch on the app icon to add the widget
• 3D Touch — 3D touch the app icon for quick shortcuts, or use 3D touch in the app to get previews for search results.
• Search by Voice - Say “Ok Google” to search for anything, hands-free.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
What's New in Version 39.0
• The Google app has a fresh new look to make search and browsing easier and more enjoyable
• iPhone X compatibility — the Google app is now fully optimized for the new iPhone X
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
I have been using google since before its release, when I was going to school in Las Vegas (elementary) we had a field trip in which the university essentially used us as Guinnea pigs for the brand new search engine. I was hooked. Fast forward to 2017 and I feel like google IS the establishment now, not a cool meme for millennials to access information or “google”. I swear my search results are TOO politically correct, when I type in a very specific view point to look for articles that I WANT to read google will instead offer me articles from liberal sources like msn and nyt which is very suspect. So I started blocking those sites on my app, a cool feature but it just refers me to more garbage. If for example I want to read reports that are contradictory to mainstream opinion I will instead get reports that ARE mainstream opinion and that infuriated me. I want to be challenged not spoon fed information. I want to search the darkest corners of the web for my research, and I can’t do that with google. Google is only handy for my college projects at this point which is ironic because they tell us specifically not to use google. Maybe I should listen and try an underground search engine. It’s great for finding the nearest Pizza Hut though then again, I also have an app to save contacts, so google only really has one temporary usage for me, to search for numbers. Not good
Love the app, one problem though.
I’ve been using this app since I’ve first owned a smartphone, many phones before the one I have now. I love the sleek interface and the voice activation function. What I love most, however, is the personalized cards on the home page. I read those daily, often multiple times a day; lately, I’m sad to say that my cards are not working well, though. They will frequently be unable to load the article, and no matter if I refresh, go on WiFi, go to cellular, even kill the app and reopen it, they still won’t open. The only method I’ve found that works is copy-pasting the URL into another browser, but that makes for slow reading. Hope this can get fixed in the future.
Revert to your old photo system
I rated this fives stars to address this issue for the iPhone 10 or X update because that’s all they look at sometimes
I really like the layout you guys got, but when I want to go to the picture tab I can not squeeze out of a photo before the layout change happened due to the iPhone 10 or X, now I have to click the arrow at the top left to close out of a photo which I think limits the apps productivity to be fully functional on the go
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 13, 2017
- Version: 39.0
- Size: 236 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.