By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keeping up with friends is faster than ever.
• See what friends are up to
• Share updates, photos and videos
• Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts
• Text, chat and have group conversations
• Play games and use your favorite apps
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn’t run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
What's New in Version 28.0
Thanks for using Facebook! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store every 2 weeks. You can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and turning on Updates.
Every update of our Facebook app includes improvements for speed and reliability. As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.
3 words, add back messages.
The app runs decently but it isn't what people want. We want to see the most recent not what you think we should see. Even if you keep the newsfeed can we not have the most recent HIDDEN. Also the messenger app is horrible so why are you forcing us to get it? Nobody likes the messenger app (look at the ratings) and nobody likes being FORCED to do things. Just look at all the feedback google+ got for that. I barely use this app anymore for the sole reason that I mainly used it FOR MESSAGING PEOPLE. I refuse to get that fail of an app just to talk to people. That is why I persuaded my friend to get Skype. He didn't HAVE to get it but I told him all the great things about it and he gave in. Just make the 2 features easily usable again. Have the most recent either the main feed or have it easy to put on the main feed. Also bring the messages back. I like going to the bubbles to respond not take 2 minutes just to get to a horrible app and have take 2 minutes just to get back to Facebook to resume what I was doing.
Do you wonder why your apps have 1-1.5 stars it's because you are doing it wrong.
If those 2 features were fixed this 1 star rating would easily be raised to 5 if done right and 4 if you mess it up a bit.
I don't even know why I still have this app... I never use it anymore.
Great app, but removing from my phone because chat was removed.
Great app. Well, it was...until
They decided to remove the chat feature and extract it out to the messenger app. Facebook must have great internal research that prompted them to make this move but I can tell you that as a user I FOR SURE must have not been part of that demographic. Chat was a big feature and extracting it out might be courageous but for me it just didn't work and was discouraging switching between two apps. So just deleted messenger app. Continued to use Facebook app, and realized
that, at least for me, I was getting more great usability from the web based app (because you can chat on there) and now I have completely decided to delete the Facebook app. I'll just stick to the web based one for now. I'd rather sacrifice on other bell & whistle features (like notifications) and just happily refresh when I want updates on the browser. Heck, there's even AJAX refreshes so no big deal. Again, not sure if Facebook is doing this un-consolidation experiment as a ballsy business move or from research results from tracking data from the app. For me, it is annoying to have 2 apps. Period.
You're Doing it Wrong
My two major issues with this app are as follows:
1) As you use the app over time, its file size grows to rediculous proportions. I just recently had to delete and reinstall this app to my phone because I checked my various apps' file sizes and realized that the Facebook app was using 3.2 GIGABYTES OF STORAGE. For comparison, I also have Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic installed on my phone, which is a full-sized video game for the original XBox and takes up 2.3 Gigabytes of space. I should not have that much file creep on a simplistic app like Facebook. 2) I understand why you guys might want to make a messenger app that is seperate from you main app, but not everyone will want to dedicate extra memory space to a funtion that could easily be included in the regular Facebook app (especially if both apps will be slowly eating away at my phone's memory). I feel as though this problem would have manifested itself if you guys would have stopped and thought about what you were doing for five seconds. In fact, thinking is something I would highly suggest you guys try doing sometime.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 13, 2015
- Version: 28.0
- Size: 51.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.